Monday, July 2, 2018

A Rebel Heart by Beth White


This was my first read penned by Beth White. I can share with you that it will not be my last. I cannot wait to see what happens next at the Daughtry House. I was captivated from the opening of the first page to the last turning. This is creative storytelling. 

The cover caught my eye. It is a gorgeous cover and very telling of the character, Selah Daughtry. Oh, this girl and her rebel heart. I loved getting to know her. The author does a fantastic job with details and allowing the reader to really see the heart of each character. I might add that these are characters we can relate to. Yes, it is another time and place, a past history that is full of emotion, but these characters are relevant to us today.

Levi Riggins. Who wouldn't want to be saved from a train wreck by this fella. His character stole my heart as well. Strong and confident, yet full of grace and tenderness. He comes into the story with a bit of a secret. That is a part of the intrigue of this novel. The author weaves together a story that perfectly unfolds and keeps the reader wanting to turn pages. 

Forgiveness, redemption, love, grace, friendship, and family are just a few of the themes the reader will uncover in this novel. One might believe in coincidence, but here within these pages we see the plan of God unfold for these characters. 

We see what happens when circumstance throws our life as we know it for a curve. Selah has built a wall around her, a boundary of protection. She is fierce and protective. Her heart is open to helping others. She is a strong character I admire. I enjoyed seeing her softer side, where she is more vulnerable. 

I admire an author who researches and shares truths in their storytelling. You will find that here too. This story will continue with book 2 in which I am in anticipation to start turning pages once again. This was a five star read for me. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

This novel was a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you. 


Beth White's day job is teaching music at an inner-city high school in historic Mobile, Alabama. A native Mississippian, she writes historical romance with a Southern drawl and is the author of The Pelican Bride, The Creole Princess, and The Magnolia Duchess. Her novels have won the American Christian Fiction Writers Carol Award, the RT Book Club Reviewers' Choice Award, and the Inspirational Reader's Choice Award. Learn more at www.bethwhite.net

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...