Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Land of Silence by Tessa Afshar

This is a beautiful story that will intrigue you, open up your senses, move you emotionally, and allow you to ponder the story behind the women who had suffered for so many years with an issue of blood. 

It was the cover that caught my attention. Then reading the description I knew this was an adventure I wanted to take. Back in time to the life of a woman who I think we can all relate to in one way or another. 

I have always loved this story. I have written many times about this Biblical account of this women needing such healing. A woman strong of faith and one emboldened and empowered by her Savior. 

Tessa Afshar is a new writer for me. I was not disappointed. I have found another gifted writer. I love being introduced to new writers and Afshar is one writer who will leave an imprint on your heart. She pens beauty and brings our imagination to life at what life could have been like for this woman. 

You may find yourself in Elianna's story. Guilt and shame blanketed this beautiful soul until she thought no hope could be found. But there she finds the Savior and she is healed before she ever touches the hem of His garment. Such mighty faith! 

I love pondering what life could have been like for those in the Bible where we are only given portions of their story. Afshar gives us that gift with this novel as she brings Elianna to life. This is a story that will make you want to dive deep into the Word. That's always a blessing to leave a reader. I love writing that helps me to grow and to seek the Savior on a deeper level. 

A love story on a whole different level!

This novel was a gift from Tyndale for sharing my review with you.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...