Thursday, August 13, 2015

Wild in the Hollow by Amber C. Haines

Wild in the Hollow caught my attention quickly. I love reading new authors and this memoir seemed to prick my heart before it ever arrived at my door. I love real and transparent. This is what you get with Amber C. Haines. Her words are poetic and flowery, descriptive and unapologetic, and words I could relate to. Not that we have the same story. We are much different people, but my heart connected with her heart right away as her powerful words stirred me to look deeper in my own heart. 

That's another thing I loved about this book. Amber gives the reader permission to be real with her. It's as though as you're reading your own heart is widening and giving birth to your own redemptive need. Her words are personal and intimate. Oh, the courage that must have filled her to pen such honest purity. This is writing that a growing and changing heart needs to journey forward into being real. It's when we are real with others that they see Jesus in us. 

This book brings the reader to ponder the chase. What are we chasing? To be real is beauty and power, grace and love. I couldn't put this book down. The more Amber shared the more I wanted to know. She writes personal. She isn't preachy and wishy washy so the reader {thinks} she's something she's not. She's open about life and love, the family and the church. Her words are words we need to hear today and share in our world today instead of hiding and pretending everything's okay. 

I found this book to be beautifully penned. This is one to pass to our girlfriends, our mom, and our daughters. 

This book was a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you. 

Amber C. Haines is a soulful writer and a blogger at TheRunaMuck.com. She is curator, with her husband, Seth, of Mother Letters and is a contributor with many acclaimed writers and bloggers at DaySpring's (in)courage. She has been involved as a coordinator with both BlissDom and !dea Camp Orphan Care and continues to build meaningful relationships with church leaders, lifestyle bloggers, authors, advocates, and poets. She lives in Arkansas.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...