Thursday, September 4, 2014

What Your Heart Needs for the Hard Days by Holley Gerth

Holley Gerth has become a sweet favorite of mine. I've been blessed to review all of her books and now this newest gem. When it arrived, I took it out of the box and smiled. This is absolutely cheerfully cute! This little hardback edition is pocket sized. Perfect! It would be impossible to pick up this book and not instantly feel better. 

For me this is much more than a devotional. Sure, you could use it as such. Read it daily for inspiration. Set aside one evening a week to enjoy a sweet concoction of Psalms and Holley's encouraging words. I will most likely keep it on my desk for moments I need to just take a step back and breathe. It too would make a great gift!!

I've shared about the packaging. Now, for what's inside. Who doesn't need a dose of Psalms when the day is looking haggard? One of the devotionals is entitled, "God is Bigger Than Your Problems". The Psalm that Holley shares is: "The mountains melt like wax before the Lord, before the Lord of all the earth." Psalm 97:5 Next, Holley shares a personal story. It's followed with a section of, "What My Heart Is Saying To You", and then, "What My Heart Is Hearing From You"

There are many topics. Each are sure to touch you in one way or another. A dose of cheerful joy. A life lesson. Thoughts to ponder throughout the day. Holley's words are soothing balm for the heart. They lift instantly and encourage the reader to fix their eyes upon Jesus and soak in His Word. This is what I love about Holley. She places the spotlight on Jesus. She shares from the heart. Her words flow easily and her stories are personal and meant to connect with the reader's heart. 

I've had the pleasure of reading, "You're Already Amazing", "You're Going To Be Okay" and "You're Made for a God-Sized Dream". Check out my reviews. Every time I pick up a book penned by Holley I learn more about myself and I grow closer to the Lord. 

This book is a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you. 

Holley Gerth is a bestselling writer, certified life coach, and speaker. She loves connecting with the hearts of women through her popular blog and books like You're Already Amazing, You're Made for a God-Sized Dream, and Opening the Door to Your God-Sized Dream. She's also cofounder of (in)courage and a partner with DaySpring. Holley lives with her husband, Mark, in the South. Hang out with her at www.holleygerth.com.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...