Sunday, March 11, 2012

YOU'RE ALREADY AMAZING by HOLLEY GERTH

Just to show you how much I loved this book, I wish I could show you my copy. It has writing on every single page with tons of sentences underlined and highlighted. You would even see a few hearty Amens with little arrows pointing to, "This is so me!"

I curled up with this book and learned so much about myself and about my walk with the Lord. I loved every chapter. There was something in each chapter that grabbed hold of my heart and said, "Lets just sit here for a while and soak all this in before we move forward".

This is in my top five Non-Fiction loves. I couldn't put this book down once I began reading. I had every intention of just doing a chapter a day, but my heart was aching for more. I found myself reading a few chapters a day. I could have read it all in one day, but I heard the Lord say, "Just take it slow", and that is exactly what I did.

This book would be great for a Sunday school lesson, or a group of ladies joining one night a week. This would be such a blessing for you to grab a girlfriend and just take a heart dive into this gem of gold. I would just say this book should be in the hands of every woman and of every man who loves her. This would be a perfect gift for that high school girl, searching for who she is in the Lord.

Holley takes us on a journey back to Jesus. Back to the simple truth that we are loved. Loved no matter what. The message here is we don't need fixing for the Lord to love us. He loves us today just as we are! That is enough to make us stand up and shout!

This gifted writer goes on a journey with us. She is personal and heart warming. I found myself giggling throughout the book as well as wiping my tear stained cheeks. She speaks about emotions and how each and every one are gifts from God. I was always taught to hide my emotions. After reading this book I knew how important it was to share my emotions and allow others to see my bad days as well as my good days.

"God, the ultimate designer, has custom created an emotional wardrobe for you. And it's beautiful. It's also essential to accomplishing His purpose for your life. So lets explore together."

You really do feel as though Holley is right there with you for the journey. I loved the questions. I found myself really pondering my answers, which it turn, brought me to prayer.

I too learned I had been carrying with me "Emotional Hand Me Downs".

"Since our families are important influences in our lives, let's start by exploring what emotional hand-me-downs they passed on to us. They might be quality vintage, or it could be time for a new look. This isn't about right or wrong or blaming anyone-it's simply about understanding."

I learned what my strengths are and how to use them to bring glory and honor to God. I too learned how to walk in peace by simply being me.

You're not only amazing.
You're enough.
You're beautiful.
Your wanted.
You're chosen.
You've got what it takes...not just to survive but to change the world.


This book was a gift from Revell for it's review.

Holley Gerth is an award-winning writer, licensed counselor, certified life coach, and speaker. She is cofounder of (in)courage, an online destination for women, which received more than one million page views in its first six months. She also reaches out to readers through her popular blog, Heart to Heart with Holley and through her partnership with DaySpring, a subidiary of Hallmark. Holley lives in Arkansas with her husband, Mark.






AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...