Monday, June 2, 2014

UNDETECTED by Dee Henderson

Dee Henderson was the first to capture my love for Christian Suspense novels. I absolutely loved reading about the O'Maleys. Then came True Devotion, True Valor, True Honor and so many more. She weaves stories together with such passion and invites the reader to become friends with the characters. She made the O'Maleys family. I couldn't wait for the next release of her books. Never have I been let down. 

I was thrilled to receive my copy of UNDETECTED. Dee Henderson creates a story with great detail. It's that perfect amount of detail that gives you understanding of the character's surroundings. 

In this novel I truly loved the characters. She draws us near to them by slowly giving us details of their past. This is how we can relate to them in present time. We begin to understand their motives and the emotions of their heart. 

The story line in UNDETECTED is fast paced. Early on Henderson gives us the premise for the story. The characters connect in valuable ways. Some are related and through those close relationships they are introduced to others who will make a huge impact on their lives. 

This is a wonderful love story. A man who has had to say goodbye to his wife long before he was ready. A woman searching for love as she is trying to release her heart from the pain of breaking it off with one she thought was the one forever. Characters with personalities that desire perfection and perfect timing. But all having a faith that draws them near to the Lord as the world around them tries to carry them away from who they truly are. 

I am a huge fan of Dee Henderson. Love her writing style and the series she has penned have been remarkable.  I do love the story line and the characters. But this novel has a LOT of detail about submarines and the Navy life. I think I may actually be able to walk through the the Nevada and know where everything is. Not really, but I think you get what I'm saying. I kinda got bored with all the jargon between the Captains and crew, the drills, and all the specific detail to every part of the ships. But I understand this helps create the surroundings for the characters to come alive. We understand why they do what they do. Henderson usually gives the perfect amount of detail. I love how she peels back a character until we are able to see their heart. 

One thing I love about the characters is their ability to stay true to themselves. They walk in honor and truly care about those around them. They give great example for how we too should walk in our daily lives. 

Now, as I shared. I struggled through all the detail. At times I feel I got lost in it all.  But you may totally love that kind of stuff. You may pick this book up and absolutely love how Dee Henderson weaves this Naval story and brings her characters to life. I would still highly suggest this novel. Even though the detail was much for me, the story alone is worth the read. 

This book was a gift from Bethany House Publishers for sharing my review with you. 

Dee Henderson is the author of numerous novels, including Unspoken, Jennifer: An O'Malley Love Story, Full Disclosure, and the acclaimed O'Malley series. Her books have won or been nominated for several prestigious industry awards, such a the RITA Award, the Christy Award, and the ECPA Gold Medallion. Visit her at deehenderson.com

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...