I reviewed Jennie Allen's book, "Restless" (check out my review), and LOVED IT! Not long after I finished the book I was sent the DVD Study. I was blown away that I had received this beautifully boxed gift. Just a few days earlier some friends and I were chatting about doing a weekly study and decided to pray about it as the Lord led us to seek out great studies. When this gem arrived I just smiled. I knew just what God had in store.
The study comes with the DVD, study book, leader guide, and cards. I think it would be super possible to also add in her book along with the study. This is a powerful study about understanding that we were made for more. We have purpose. God has a plan for each day of our lives. That alone should motivate us to seeking Him and His will for our lives.
So, this is an eight week study. This is one of those studies that you could literally do on any time frame. Jennie is one of those girls next door. As you watch the DVD you see the love of God flow from her. She encourages us to open up and be real. We shouldn't hold back, but be open to all God has for us.
I love the cards that come with the study. Each time you meet with your group the cards are a valuable tool. Here are her ground rules for using the cards:
- Be concise.
- Keep sharing confidential.
- Rely on Scripture for truth.
- No counseling.
- If you could do anything and nothing was holding you back, what would you do?
- What things keep you from dreaming?
- In what ways do you feel restless right now? Do you think it is a sin, or is God moving you toward more?
- What discouragement have you faced when you've dreamed in the past?
- What do you think you do well?
- What keeps you from using your gifts?
- What do you imagine God could do through you if you really used your gifts?
- What do you think God wants from you?
- Describe the moment that you saw your need for Jesus and He saved you, or describe what holds you back from a moment like that.
- How do you want this story to impact your dreams for your life?
- What is difficult for you to believe about God's story?
- Is it difficult to believe God is in control of your life?
- What is your hope as you process the suffering in your life?
- Are you angry with God about the suffering you have faced or are facing?
- Tell a short story from your own life or from someone you know about how ministry is birthed from suffering.
This study is literally for everyone. There is something for all to grasp from this wondrous study. I love how Jennie takes us through the life of Joseph and allows us to see how God moved in his life to bring him to where God wanted him. Jennie shares how there is nothing random in our lives. We can clearly see this in the life of Joseph.
Yes, this is the most amazing study I have yet to come across. It's one I highly recommend!!
This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you.
Jennie Allen is a passionate leader following God's call on her life to catalyze this generation to live what they believe. She is the author of Anything and the Bible studies Stuck and Chase, and is the founder and visionary of IF: Gathering. Jennie is married to her best friend, Zac, and they have been blessed with four children, the youngest of whom was adopted from Rwanda.