Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Trapped by Irene Hannon

Irene Hannon never disappoints! Here we are with book 2 in the, Private Justice Series. Yay! Let me start by saying sometimes you don't have to read the first book to really get into the second, and without a doubt you would enjoy reading, "Trapped", as a stand alone, I would suggest that you start with, "Vanished"(check out my review). 

I have seen a  few reviews that said, "Trapped", was kind of predictable. To that I would like to say, yes, it is, but in many ways that is what makes this book amazing. Aren't things in life predictable? Of course, boy and girl meet, they fall in love. Girl runs away and gets herself into a world of fear. Predictable. But, it's the story weaved in between these predictable moments that grabs us. Irene Hannon ROCKS at pulling us in and keeping us turning pages. 

The cover is awesome. A storm. An empty bench. Lights up ahead. A girl walking. But then you have the shadow that is casting a huge image. 

These novels are based here in my home state of Missouri. As I read the story I know these cities well and can picture myself in the area. Irene is gifted at painting a scene for us and allowing us to feel as though we are right there in the midst of the action. 

We are back at Phoenix Inc. where they have three private investigators that I would want on my side if I were in trouble. In this novel we get a closer view of "Dev". James Devlin. My heart be still. We too have Nicki, the sassy secretary return. Cal and Connor are here too. The first book was based on Cal. This one takes us to Dev. I have a strong feeling book three is going to spotlight Connor. 

These guys are not only co-workers, but they are great friends. I think the connection they have with each other brings us an even greater story. We see the bond they share and how they are willing to go the extra mile for one another. 

Dev's first appointment of the day is with Laura Griffith, the aunt of Darcy. Laura is terrified as she comes home and Darcy is gone. Everyone's greatest nightmare begins. Laura is trying to find Darcy. Darcy comes with baggage. Don't we all? She and her aunt are not meshing well and Darcy isn't too keen on rules. She thinks life will be easier in New York, but her plan never unfolds as she dreamed. This is where the story begins. 

I started reading this story at night and it was a few hours later that I closed the last page. Once I started I couldn't put it down. This was an unputdownable for sure. Predictable? Yes, but a reality no one wants to find themselves in and that's what kept me turning pages. This young girl will touch your heart. Her aunt is one who isn't giving up. Within these pages is a story woven of love, trust and hope. I truly love the characters in this series. We see them face their weakness and question themselves. We see them as they find their gifts and learn to soar fearless. 

This novel is filled with suspense, romance and faith. You will never be disappointed with an Irene Hannon novel. I fell in love with Hannon's work when I read her series, "Guardians of Justice". Take your pick at any of her series and you will find yourself turning pages way up into the night. 

This novel was a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you. 


Irene Hannon is the author of more than 35 novels, including the bestselling Heroes of Quantico and Guardians of Justice series. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America, a Carol Award, a HOLT Medallion, a Daphne du Maurier Award, and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT Book Reviews magazine.Booklist also included one of her novels in its "Top 10 Inspirational Fiction" list for 2011. She lives in Missouri.

For more information about her and her books, Irene invites you to visit her website at www.irenehannon.com.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...