Sunday, January 6, 2013

"Vanished" by Irene Hannon

I was instantly hooked with the first book I picked up from Irene Hannon. She is a Missouri girl who does her homework and for me that makes her novels only more riveting and real. From chapter to chapter she has a gift of keeping you glued. She has kept me up enjoying her novels on many late night occasions.

In her newest series, "Private Justice", she brings the characters to life by allowing us time to get to know them. This too is something I love about Irene Hannon. She brings us real characters with real issues. We begin to relate to them on some level and that brings us wanting to know more about them. So, she gives us glimpses into their lives as the story continues to build and unfold. I loved the momentum of this read. It was fast paced and it held my interest all the way through, leaving me ready for the next installment of the series. Come on, Irene. Get those fingers moving:)

I loved reading, "Vanished" and cannot wait for book 2 to release in the fall of 2013. Find it on Amazon. We meet Moira Harrison. Okay, I gotta be honest here and tell you, that name caught me off guard. I had never heard it before. I did some googling just to learn how to pronounce it. lol After a while that name became so beautiful to me. I admired Moira's character more and more. She is part of an accident. One out of her control. While driving she sees a young woman needing help. After the accident happens, a man approaches and offers to call 911. After the incident takes place Moira has time to really thing about things and nothing is settling. She can't let it go. She knows something is off and is going with her gut reaction.

This brings her to meet the private detective. Might I add that he is handsome. What woman doesn't want the help of a strong, handsome man? He too is taken back by Moira. Don't you just get swept up in how love happens? Irene doesn't just hit us over the head with a love story. It's gentle and there are many things happening with both of these characters. We see these characters live out their faith more so than talk about their faith. I find this refreshing and inspiring.

So, we have love and suspense all wrapped up in one novel. One that flows perfectly. A reporter and a private investigator coming together to solve an uncanny happenstance? Ah, but no. This is God's perfect plan. I love how Moira slams on her breaks in the beginning of the story. But she is not quick to open her heart or her life up to another. She is reluctant to love as is Cal Burke. You just gotta love that name and Cal is a man who walks with integrity and purpose. His honesty gives Moira reason to trust. He has had a broken heart, and is cautious as well, but he can't let go of the feelings that are beginning to stir for the woman who has entered his life that is unlike any woman he has ever met.

If you are searching for a new novel this is one I enjoyed completely.

This book was a gift from Bethany House Publishers for my written review.

Irene Hannon is the author of more than 35 novels, including the bestselling Heroes of Quantico and Guardians of Justice series. Her books have been honored with two coveted RITA Awards from Romance Writers of America, a Carol Award, a HOLT Medallion, a Daphne du Maurier Award, and two Reviewers' Choice Awards from RT Book Reviews magazine. Booklist also included one of her novels in its "Top 10 Inspirational Fiction" list for 2011. She lives in Missouri.

For more information about her and her books, Irene invites you to visit her website at www.irenehannon.com.

Look for, "That Certain Summer" coming in spring 2013.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...