Saturday, December 18, 2010

There is no love like His

As I am sitting here this morning almost migraine free I am thinking to myself, "Isn't His love amazing?" I mean really. Where I go, He goes. What I feel, He too feels. Every emotion under the sun, the Son also knows. I am never lost with Him. I am never alone. When I feel weak, it is His strength that washes over me. In those times I find myself ashamed, it is His grace that blankets me. His mercy refreshes me daily. On those cold days when everything seems to go wrong, He brings it altogether. When my vision is clouded, He removes the fog so I gain a clear view. There is nothing than can separate He and I. He even took my sins upon Himself so that we could be together. There is no love greater than His. No powers of this world can destroy what He has made. He is simply good.

I find myself simply overwhelmed by Him today. I could have the worst of days and He always knows just what to say to bring me back into focus. He stirs my heart with His word and lights my path with His will. Every corner I take He is there waiting. Nothing surprises Him. He knows me better than any other. Can there be a better friend?

His love has lifted me above all else and His grace has freed me from the chains that have held me down for so long. His forgiveness allows me to live with a new joy. I don't have to think upon yesterday, nor worry about tomorrow. There is no shame as a child of God. There is no panic in letting go of yesterday or what tomorrow will bring. He has everything covered. There is not one moment of my life that He does not know about. He misses nothing. He has His eye upon me. In faith I believe even when I cannot see up ahead. I trust in Him and it is that very trust that gives me peace to live life each day.

"God showed how much He loved us by sending His one and only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through Him. This is real love-not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins." 1 John 4:9-10

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...