Friday, August 20, 2010

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with Tricia Goyer

Look who is here today! Tricia Goyer!! I am so excited to have Tricia visit the Nest. What an honor. I fell in love with Tricia's writing style when I read , "The Liberator Series". I must say those books were some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of reading. They were captivating and so realistic. Tricia is a talented writer, speaker and even more so, a wonderful example as a woman of God. Here is our interview:

(Robin) Tricia, tell me a little about yourself..
(Tricia) I am a child of God, a wife, mom, writer, speaker and radio host. In the last 6 months my husband and I moved to Little Rock where he took a job with FamilyLife. We also adopted a new baby girl. I love writing and I have 24 books in print.
(Robin) Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Tricia) Even though I grew up in church I walked away from God during my teen years. I did my own thing and pushed God out of my mind. When I was 17-years-old I found myself pregnant. My boyfriend and friends soon were out of the picture and I found myself alone. It was then that people from my mom's church reached out to me. It's because of their love that I turned back to God.

(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Tricia) Yes, when I was a young, homeschooling mom and writer my pastor asked me if I'd be interested in helping to start a crisis pregnancy center. I thought I figured out what I was doing for God, but after I prayed about it I felt God asking me to do this for him. That was a big turning point. Before that I did things I thought God would like. After that I started listening. It's made all the difference!

(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Tricia) I love Zeph. 3:17. I love the idea of God singing over me!

(Robin) What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Tricia) I look for honesty and transparency in friends. I don't want them to try to “act” like everything's okay. I love people who open their hearts. I hope that people find the same with me. I'm not going to put on a show. I'm going to share my heart in all I do.


(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Tricia) I share a lot of my books. Ones I pass on and say, “You have to read this,” are usually ones by Francine Rivers. She's my favorite author.


(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Tricia) I go to my bed, cuddle under the comforter and pray. I ask God to come and be with me. I try to focus on Him on His throne and remember He has everything in control.

(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Tricia)Hmmm … maybe that I'm easy to talk to and a good listener.

(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Tricia) My family! I also love my books, my computer, and souvenirs from my travel, especially things from my mission trips to the Czech Republic.

(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Tricia) God, family, writing, teen moms, WWII veterans, living a life of transparency that reflects God.


(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Tricia) See what God is doing and join Him. ~Henry Blackaby

(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Tricia) That I was willing to step out in faith and follow God.

(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Tricia) I'm currently working on a three book Amish series for B&H. The first is Beside Still Waters, and it's about an Amish community in Montana. The community was about two hours north from where I lived in Montana. It's a book about family, community, faith and Montana.

(Robin) How do you define success?
(Tricia) Success is glorifying God and serving him forever.

What a blessing! I told you Friday was going to be good! Francine Rivers is also one of my favorite authors. I know the next Amish books on my list to read!! Thank you for being transparent and sharing your heart with us today.

If you would like to know more about Tricia you can follow these links:

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...