Friday, August 20, 2010

Don't give up too fast!

Do you ever just shake your head in wonder at this crazy world we live in? Some days are just hard. Sometimes it feels as though we just can't take a step forward without taking about six backwards. I am finding it hard to understand this world we live in. Maybe that is why it is so hard for me, I never will be able to understand. This world is not my home. I know I am heaven bound and there is nothing here lasting for me.
My husband was to begin a new job recently. It was a job he was excited about. It was with a large company. Great pay. Great benefits. Great everything. He was told to put in his two weeks notice. He was told he was hired. He took all the tests, and passed with flying colors. I haven't seen him this excited in a long time. He was to leave Monday for his training. He wasn't sure what time he was leaving out, so he called. Now, mind you, many people knew he was hired. But. Don't you love those but's? The man who hired him calls and leaves him a message. Leaves a message! Tells my husband he will be hired next time around. There is no opening right now. The look on my husband's face was painful. He calls the man back. Now, my husband is gracious and kind. I must say, I don't think I would have been (I just have to be honest). I sit and listen to the conversation as my husband catches this man in lie after lie. There was simply nothing he could do. As my husband speaks to another man, he too knows my husband was hired. He too is angry and is just as confused. He goes in to speak to the man, and again he lies to his face also.

So, here my husband is jobless once again. He put in his two weeks notice just as he was told to do and expected to begin his new job Monday. But again, disappoint sets in. So, he goes to a job interview yesterday. He gets the job. He turns down the job. This company wanted my husband to lie. They wanted to take advantage of my husband. They even wanted my husband to manipulate others! My husband sat before this man in total disbelief.

Where are the honest people at in this world? Why does one not consider another? Why is it so easy to lie and manipulate others? As I shared with a friend, she says, "It's the world we live in and we are blessed to be sheltered from it." It is so very true. I must say I would not want to be a man. I would not want to shoulder the weight my husband is carrying. I have been blessed to be able to stay home for nineteen years, taking care of our home and teaching our children. I haven't had to go out into the work force. I haven't had to deal with what my husband has. I have although, had to watch what this has done to my husband.

It hurts when others are not honest. It hurts when we are let down. It confuses us when nothing seems to go as it should. But isn't that what Satan wants? He wants us hurt. He wants us confused. He wants us let down, and more than anything he wants us to stay there in that pain. He is active in this world and in those around us. He wants to see us give up. He wants to see us break. But my husband and I slept sound last night. We went to bed with a peace knowing the Lord will provide once again. The Lord will open doors once again. The Lord will give us the strength and peace we need to get through this valley. He will set us on the mountain top and show us His glory.

There has never been one day He has not taken care of us. My husband reminds me daily that I am a child of God. He reminds this girl, who wants to give up at times that God is forever with us. I am blessed to be married to a man who sees all possibilities and chooses to not look at our circumstances to define us. God is bigger than any circumstance. He is bigger than any valley and trial. He sees what is behind us and what is before us. (AS WE SPEAK MY HUSBAND HAS AN INTERVIEW WITH A COMPANY HE HAS WANTED TO WORK FOR FOR YEARS!! RIGHT HERE AT HOME. A SCHEDULE!! SEE I TOLD YOU!! GOD IS GOOD!!)

Whatever you are going through today, DON'T GIVE UP!! KEEP YOUR HEAD UP. KEEP YOUR PRAYERS GOING. GOD IS WATCHING YOU. HE KNOWS EACH AND EVERY NEED. HE HAS A PURPOSE AND PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE. HE WILL SET YOU ON SOLID GROUND WHEN ALL IS SHAKY AROUND YOU!!

When there is no truth around you, stand up for truth. When all around you is dark, be the light before others. We can make a difference in this world by just being who God has called us to be! It is never too late to get back up again. Don't stay in your sorrow. God has your tomorrow!
Proverbs 11:5 "The godly are directed by honesty; the wicked fall beneath their load of sin."
Proverbs 12:17 "An honest witness tells the truth; a false witness tells lies."
Psalm 37:37 "Look to those who are honest and good, for a wonderful future awaits those who love peace."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...