Friday, August 20, 2010

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with Sheila Mangum

I am simply delighted to have Sheila join us today. She is one of those ladies that just grabs your heart and you have a friend for life. She is an example of how the Lord can take a willing vessel and use them for His glory and honor. I find Sheila so very humble and just a joy to chat with. I feel she is one of those ladies you could just open up to and she could listen with a heart filled with compassion. I pray our chat blessings you today.

(Robin) Sheila, tell me a little about yourself.
(Sheila) Thank you for asking! I am 47, I live in North Carolina. I have been married to my college sweetheart for 22 years... we have TWO BEAUTIFUL inside and out children, Brittany, 18 (she is a freshman at The University of Alabama), and Stevie, 14 (a freshman in High School... football player). I have a Masters Degree in Christian Ministry and My calling from God is to in the end times to help Him "Prepare the Bride" :) I love sweet tea, Chic fil'a and oatmeal raisin cookies!


(Robin) Since you have walked with the Lord has there been a time you struggled in your faith? If so, would you please share?
(Sheila) Yes, I struggled with "knowing" His will for a particular situation. When it seemed to be peaceful to me that it was His will and the opposite happened.. I was confused.


(Robin) Has there been an "aha" moment in your life that has changed your perspective?
(Sheila) Yes, my "aha moment" has been to understand that "His ways and thoughts" are HIGHER than ours. I believe that finally TRUSTING HIM to bring about good in all situations and to watch Him move and exceed our human minds (in its limited expectancy) is a great peace that "surpasses all understanding" PLUS it makes me smile every time I watch Him MOVE mightily and BE GOD. I had my thoughts of how He should answer my prayers and He showed me different.

(Robin) Do you have a favorite bible story, verse, song or hymn that gives encouragement when struggles come?
(Sheila) JOSEPH without a shadow of a doubt is my favorite bible story. I love his total "heart transformation" followed by God's promises/dreams to him being fulfilled beyond Joseph's wildest dreams. I love when God proves Himself to be the most amazing extravagant trustworthy love of all!


(Robin)What is one thing you look for in a close friend and what is one quality you hope others see in you?
(Sheila) LOYALTY! I believe that successful relationships understand that you are to "grow together" and love through the storm. Not judging, Not condemning. Simply loving as you both grow and learn :)




(Robin) What are a few of your favorite books you have in your collection you would share with a friend?
(Sheila) Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers (FICTION) and Roll Away Your Stone by Dutch Sheets (NON-FICTION).. Two favorites!




(Robin) When life seems to go crazy, what is one thing you do to bring comfort and peace?
(Sheila) Laughing.


(Robin) What is one thing about yourself you admire?
(Sheila) I have never stopped believing or loving God, even when....
(Robin) What are a few of the things you love surrounding you?
(Sheila) God's presence, His love and His people.


(Robin) What are your deepest passions?
(Sheila) To know Him like no one has ever known Him before!

(Robin) What is the best advice ever given to you?
(Sheila) Love.


(Robin) In the legacy you leave, what is one thing you hope out shines before all others?
(Sheila) His will be done on earth. Period.
(Robin) What are you currently working on?
(Sheila) My latest book is ...Becoming a Prepared Bride for Jesus/ 40 Days Behind the Veil.
(Robin) How do you define success?
(Sheila) To have loved others into the kingdom of God.


Thank you so much for stopping in to chat with me Sheila. Thank you for graciously opening your heart and sharing with us. You are a joy and I pray the Lord continues to bring glory and honor for His kingdom through your life and the example that you give. Blessings to you sweet lady.
You can follow Sheila by linking on here:


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...