Thursday, May 20, 2010

what is your today saying about tomorrow?

"This is the beginning of a new day. God has given me this day to use as I will. I can waste it or use it for good. What I do today is important, because I'm exchanging a day of my life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever, leaving in its place something that I have traded for it. I want it to be gain, not loss; good, not evil; success, not failure; in order that I shall not regret the price my Savior paid for it."
Today is a gift. It is part of our legacy for tomorrow. How we spend each day is either adding to our lives or taking away. Who we invite in our day also determines what will be given. I love surrounding myself with those who love me. Sometimes we reach out and nothing is given in return. We must not worry about if others will receive our invitation to join in our day, but make our day as though it is an invitation for Jesus to shine.

As this day ends we are unsure if another will follow, so this is why it so important to make an impact on today, right now, this very moment. I must ask myself, "Am I doing all I can to make an impact, and am I inviting others to join me." Life is so very short and we need to make the best of each moment given.

Wow, to look at our lives in a different way, to look at each day as a day that the Lord has given and paid for makes each moment seem of such value. When I look at my life as not my own, but as God's, it makes me want to live it to the fullest, bringing glory and honor to Him.

I do not want to regret a moment of my life. I want to live in such a way that I don't have to look back and think, "If only, or What if." I want to spend my life reaching out to others as Christ has reached out to me. Each sunrise, each sunset could be our last, so why live in the past, regret today or just cover our heads for tomorrow? The only person we can change is ourselves. My attitude is my own, and I can choose to love and forgive or I can hate and be bitter. But what life would that be? A very sad, lonely life, lived without joy in the moment.

Although things and circumstances around us can be difficult at times, we do not have to allow those to dominate our lives and define who we are. Once we realize the gifts the Lord has given, once we see He is the sunrise and sunset of our day it gives us a whole new perspective.

Our legacy is ours to leave. What is yours saying? If we don't like what our legacy is saying today, we still have time to change it and make an impact on this world and those around us. If there is a problem with another, don't waste time, go to them. If forgiveness needs to asked for, reach out and make today count. If I love you has not been said, say those words today and make another know just how much they are loved. We are busy with what we want to be busy with. Take time to enjoy each moment. For no one wants to look back and know they missed out on something special.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...