Monday, May 3, 2010

sometimes you just gotta laugh

A few nights ago we were to have severe weather, so we take off and go to my in laws. (Next time I think I will just face the tornado.Lol another story, another time) Don't you love it when the weather man pretty much terrifies you and then nothing happens? I should be grateful, but for some reason the whole thing just made me mad that it didn't storm.
But the night proceeded to get better. It was still pouring rain, and my husband stands and says, "We are going on home now." I am thinking, "Oh, praise Jesus!" So we all move into the car and we enter our drive way. We all run out of the car, since it was still pouring and all of a sudden I see my son go down, not just down, but sliding down. It was like in slow motion, and I was laughing before he hit the ground. Once there my husband begins laughing. Jake gets up slowly, laughing at himself. I have the keys in my hand, but I am laughing so hard, I cannot move an inch. So now we are all soaked, and travel in the house with our laughter. Once Jake is finally in the kitchen, with mud following, we see all the damage. Oh my, he was covered, head to toe. We continued laughing for a long time and just found blessings all around us.

We could of had a horrific storm, but we didn't. We could of been struck by lightening during our laughing episode, but we weren't. God opened up a window of laughter to my family, that we so needed. Ever feel that way? Just so many things going on in your life, you forget how to laugh and let go? During our struggles with my husband's lay off, I think there were times we forgot to laugh. We allowed all around us to wash us in mud, and boy, were we covered.

As my son washed clean of all the mud, the Lord just showed me,"See what I can do?" I can not only bring you through a trial, but I can wash you clean. I can bring a smile to your face that is so needed, and I can protect you through it all."

I love how God works, and to see Him work just makes life that much sweeter. He was there with us before the storm, during the storm, and after. When things are continuing to change around us, He is the only One who never changes. He is forever the same. Praise Jesus we are the ones that go through change. When we allow God to do the changing only good things can happen.

Just another day added to our memory list that we will never forget. Just another day the Lord showed Himself to me, and for that, I too will add to my list of , "Things God has done." And what a testimony He is through our lives!

Whatever your slipping in today, its okay to let go and laugh. We can't control all situations around us, and we sure don't want to allow them to control us, so enjoy each minute. Find the blessings that are there. Once you let go, you will be laughing so hard, all you can do is praise Jesus for His goodness through all.

Hebrews 13:8 " Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, and today and forever."

Hebrews 13:5 " Keep your lives free from love of money and be content with what you have, because God said, I will never leave you, nor forsake you."
Ecclesiates 3:4 "A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance."
Praise Jesus, He has been there when we have weeped, and when we have mourned. He to is here now when there is laughter and dance. He will always see us through all. What a gift to have Him with us through all!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...