Tuesday, April 6, 2010

really? just one?

I have to admit, there are times I look over at those following my blog. I don't think of those followers as numbers, but people, friends who I share with. Like a friend of mine shared a few days ago, I too have struggled with numbers. We seem to think the more followers we have the more we are empowering the word. Well, the word empowers itself, doesn't need anything more to add to it. But I think we all can struggle with the feeling, am I really making an impact for the Lord?
I see those blogs with thousands of followers and I think to myself, "Wow, how did they do that? The Lord is really blessing them." That is such a wrong attitude to have. I gotta tell ya, whether I have two thousand followers or just me, I would still write and follow the Lord in this passion He has given me.

We often think we could never do anything for God, not just one person. But just hold up for a minute. Jesus was One person. He changed the world. God knew He only needed One. One person living for Jesus can move mountains. I am learning not to think I can never do this or that, not just me, but oh yes, just me, just you. Just one person willing to serve and give with an open heart can make an impact on the world.

You may say, "Well I really don't have a lot of friends to encourage me." Look what Jesus did with twelve disciples? In those twelve He had His inner circle that He was closest to. It doen't take a lot to move and do mighty things.

The problem is we think too much like the world wants us to think. It's not popularity. It's not about being seen, and its not about ME. Its all about Him. More often than not, I can sit back and read my own writing, and see the Lord speaking right to me. I can sit down after writing and think,"Wow, no one is going to understand that one." The next day I will get an email or a comment of someone sharing that was exactly what they needed to hear at that time! God moves in us and through us, and believe it or not all it takes is one to follow and obey His word and to do His will.

Never think we have to be big and mighty for God to use us, in fact He uses us when we are at our weakest point so He can be strong through us and show Himself. God can use anyone for His glory and His purpose. We too often make up excuses because we are afraid to fail. Failure is never trying in the first place. A mistake is only a mistake if we never learn from it. Growth takes time and for us to grow we are going to have to fall a few times before we can really learn to stand.

Have faith in God. Have trust in God, and believe He is who He says He is. If we walk with our eyes wide open and our hearts reaching out we will find ourselves doing and living in His will.

God changed and used Paul in mighty ways. He used little David to slay giants and to rule over a kingdom. We can open God's word and see all those who He moved through. We can look all around us and see God moving. Don't give up and think your too small to do anything. Through the smallest treasures God brings the biggest wonders.

Stop looking over to the side at those followers. Stop worrying that you don't have thousands listening to you. All you need to do is listen yourself and you will hear God's whisper one day, "Well done my good and faithful servant."
Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:19 " And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...