Tuesday, March 16, 2010

what do you want to say?

While we wake and begin our day, while we put our shoes on to walk out the door into the world what do you want your life to say? What is it that your life is saying? What we want our life to say and what our life is saying just might be two different things. Today is the day to set them on the same path.
I know in my own life there is often a miscommunication of what I want my life to shout to the world and what my actions are really showing.

When I walk into a store, I often walk in intended to smile, and great others, letting them know Jesus loves them, but then once I am in, my head in down in thought, and my eyes are set on what is before me, and I am lost in myself. What if I just let go and allowed that smile to shine on another? What if the words from my mouth are just what they needed at that moment and I just let them pass by?

I want my actions and words to reflect Jesus. I want to a mirror for Him. Although I will never be sinless, I can sin less. Although I am not perfect in my ways, I can strive to allow the Lord to reign over my flesh.

How well of a worn path is to my friends doors? We often use the excuse that life happens, but when life is no more, then what do we hear? "I wish I would have spent more time with her." Our actions speak louder than words at times, and then again our words sometimes overshadow our actions.

Have you ever just been driving and waved to a person just to say hello and they look at you quickly like what in the world? Maybe you hold a door open for another and they seem to be in shock. I have been in Walmart getting a cart for myself and instead give it to the woman caring for five children(I remember those days), and she gives me a sweet look as to say thank you. People are not use to having others reach out to them, and when they do they are not sure of what to do. Isn't that sad? I know in my own life I should be reaching out more, I should be giving more. I have learned that in giving the receiver is blessed, but often the sweetest blessing is in our own hearts as the giver.

We tend not to take time to reach out anymore. We tend to keep to ourselves. But we are missing so much when we do not reach out. Just think in that one moment that someone reached out to you and made your day special with just one word, maybe a kind moment, an action that brought a smile to their hurting face, how did you feel?

Our lives should be such a reflection of Jesus that when we come into contact with another they should see something different, we should stand out, and make them wonder with a smile.

Once we get through our heads that life is not at all about us, but all about Him, that changes our perspective on our daily routine.

Taking time out to reach out your hand, to call another, to send a hug through a text, a note of love, a card of wonder, just a simply act of kindness can warm the heart of another in ways we may never know.

We don't have to be fearful to reach out, we have the God of mercy and grace with us showing us just who needs a hug today. It is Him who points us straight to those in need of a touch from the Master and you might just be that open vessel for Him to use today. Try it, reach out and see just where your one act of kindness will reach others for the kingdom of God!

1 John 3:11 "For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another."

Ephesians 5:1-2 "Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling aroma."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...