Monday, March 15, 2010

just hold on

Ever been in a place in life where you were staring at your fear and you found yourself shaking in your shoes? I remember being young when there was a girl who was twice my size and she did not like me. She could smell the fear coming off of me, and that only made her want to attack more. That girl finally left me alone, and she never did knock me out of my shoes, but the fear each day of seeing her warranted me to stay home in the safety of my mom's kindness. Ever feel like you just wish you could go back home, turn on the cartoons, eat lunch on the couch that your mom made special for you, pull those covers up to make you feel safe and have your momma tell ya everything is gonna be okay?
Life is like that sometimes, and today that is how I am feeling. Satan strikes, circumstances fly around us and it seems that our prayers are bouncing off the walls. It seems like nothing we do is right. The more we seem to try the harder the tears fall. When there is no relief in sight what do you do?

As the ground is shaking around me, as the days struggles are closing in I refuse to get shaken out of my shoes! I refuse to let the circumstances around me shake me to the core. I refuse to give up hope. I refuse to allow Satan to smile at my deepest fears. As my heart breaks watching my family go through such gripping trials, the only One I know to run to is Jesus. All I know to do is reach out for help from others when no one is reaching in. All I know to do is humble myself before God and cry out to Him.

I can't imagine my life without Him, without His strength to see us through. Without His hope there would be nothing. Without His grace I would be lost. Ever just need a touch from the Master? Ever just need to feel His hand upon you? Ever just want to give up and stop trying?

I am here to share with you, "Do not give up!" Our lives our filled with trials. If you haven't experienced one yet, you will and if you have, there will be more to come. Our lives are not easy, that's why on those quiet and calm days I have learned never to take them for granite, to soak up each one for just what it is, a blessing from heaven.

Satan wants us to give up, he wants to take everything we have away, including our faith. Satan knows how the story ends. He knows he loses, there is no way out for him, but for us there is always hope! We have the God of heaven on our side and He is the Victor in all.

Whatever you are facing today, trust in God, stretch out your hand to Him, and accept His unconditional love. We may feel like today is more than we can take, and it just might be, but with God, with His strength, anything can come our way and we can not only make it through but overcome all the obstacles in our way!

When everything seems like its crashing down on us we have a place to go to. We can fall in the arms of Jesus and feel His love and tenderness all around us. Although the earth may shake around us, we can stay grounded in Jesus. He is that Strong Tower for us, He is that Shelter we need so badly, and in His arms we can find all we need to comfort us through the trials of life.

Tears may be falling down my cheeks today. I may be feeling a sadness wash over me I have never felt before, but I know that I am not alone. If I allowed each trial to shake me out of my shoes I wouldn't be standing in what I proclaim to believe, and that is that Jesus is the Lord of lords and King of kings and in Him my life has hope and depth and meaning. He is higher and stronger and mightier than anything that can shake me or you. Don't allow your circumstances to steal your joy away today. Don't allow the fears of this world to take hold of you one more day. give all your trust and all you have to Jesus.

In each trial that has come my way I have thought I will not make it out of this one, and you know what? I did. I didn't just make it out, I overcame, I conquered in the Strength of God. In the midst of each trial I never thought I could go on, but before I knew it God was there, taking hold and showing me through the storm. He was my Anchor in the midst of the waves trying to take me down. He is what held me and brought me above each one. Some storms feel as though they are going to bring your house down, and they just might do terror on the things around you, but our foundation is firm in Christ! That foundation is not moving and that is the hope in which we must trust in. Don't get lost in the sea of your trial today, allow God to do a mighty work in your life through that trial, and give Him all the glory today. That storm may seem mighty big, but there is nothing too big for our God to handle!

Psalm 91:1-2 "He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress; My God, in Him I will trust."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...