Wednesday, February 17, 2010

what are you searching for?

As today I am searching for healing, there are days where I am searching for peace. Each day seems to hold something I am always searching for. I may find myself searching for contentment, for forgiveness, for reason and understanding.


There are those searching for a church home, maybe even a new church home. Just a place where you know that is where God wants you to be. A place where you can serve, worship and find Him in every corner.


I have come to know that whatever it is I am searching for God will point me in the right direction. He will show me the way of His will for my life. But this can only happen if I take my eyes off me and place them totally on Him and His will.


Why do we search? For the most part I think its to make us happy. For me I know that is the reason behind my searching at times. But in that type of searching I am not going to find God's will and purpose in my life, only my selfish desires. I need to focus on Him and search His ways and His leadership. Sometimes the things I think I need are not the things that He knows I need. My wants are not always going to be met, but by needs will when I seek Him.


When I am searching for healing I know Christ is my Healer. There are times when the pain just doesn't go away, but when it is here I feel His presence with me.


When I am searching for peace I have often searched many places, but God always turns me around when I seek Him. His peace is like no other. He can bring peace in the most frightening times, and in those times in which we do not understand.


I know when I want to be content there are times when God does not want me to be content to the extent I am comfortable. It is during those times that I am comfortable that I cease to seek Him daily. I am to be content in all circumstances knowing He is in control.


When I am seeking forgiveness I know that I should humble myself and go to God first. I know that when I go to Him for forgiveness He is always going to open His arms to me. He is never going to turn away when I am seeking Him. My relationship with Christ needs to such that I can go to Him throughout the day and confess when He speaks to my heart.


Tonight as my husband and I were watching television we were viewing a program that had some very graphic scenes. I turned to my husband and said, "I don't understand how these things happen, I can't understand how someone could be so evil." There are things in this world I will never be able to grasp, or even come to understand a little, but I have faith in God. I know His thoughts and ways are higher than mine. I know when tragedy comes His tears are flowing too. It is not my place to try to understand all around me. I need to look with the eyes of Jesus and see the good in those surrounding me. I need to reach out and show the love of God so others may see Him.


Often we search for a church to fit us, instead of searching for the church that God is calling us to. There are times we can search for a church that agrees with our thoughts, but we need to be searching for one that agrees and preaches the gospel of Christ and stands for the Holy Word.


If you are searching God is calling. It is when we search that we find Him. When we stop searching we stop growing.


Whatever you are searching for today you and I can find it in Jesus Christ. He knows exactly what we need and when we need it. He know our heart like no other. He sees our life and our struggles. He knows our hurts and pain. He knows the things we are fighting, those very things that are pulling us away from Him. He knows our questions and each thought. There is no one I would trust with my life more than the One who created me, the One who gave His life for me.


Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You I wait all the day."


Psalm 139:1-6 "O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...