Tuesday, November 24, 2009

thankful

During this time of year many are thankful, and many find sadness. The holidays is a time of year that brings mixed feelings to so many. If we have all of our family and we share in a big celebration we find joy, but if we have suffered loss, if we are missing those we love so dearly, the holidays can be bittersweet. No matter where we are, or what we are doing, if we are with lots of family or just a few friends, we can find a blessed assurance in Jesus. We have so much to be thankful for just in Him alone. Things are so hard across our country right now, but it is often those hard times that bring us closer as families, and closer to Jesus. I remember being home with my parents as a child and feeling the sense of safety. My mom worked tirelessly cooking our favorites and making sure everything was just right, now as she is older and not in good health, she cannot cook as she once did. I miss that, I miss watching football with my dad. I remember getting so excited watching the parades, and that was as a teen too! There is something special about cooking for your family, about gathering with friends, about sharing a meal and laughing of past times. Each Thanksgiving I try to sneak away, sometimes I have taken a walk in the back of our field, just me and Jesus, telling Him just how thankful I am. I am so thankful for my husband, who is sacrificing more than anyone really knows. He is working so hard to take care of us, and it is all because he loves us. I am thankful for each of my children, from the oldest to the youngest, each one is so unique and special. Our table has always been crowed with all of our children during this time of year, but as things change, as things happen, they are not always here to share this day, as will be this year. One will be working tirelessly, for she is one who learned that from her daddy, three will be here, and one will be missing from our table, but I am not giving up, I am praying that one day she will be at our table again, and with a renewed spirit, but she will always know she is loved with all my heart. Its funny really, this time of year is always so thought provoking, isn't it? We remember the past, we think about our dreams and we tend to think of each thing we are thankful for. It is a time we reflect on our lives, giving, receiving, and sharing joy. Bringing dishes into our homes, filling each room with smells and laughter. We come together with family, some we haven't seen in awhile. I love this time of year, the cool air, the geese flying over, and the birds coming to eat. Everything seems to have a more special meaning.This year I had a special friend invite me and my son to her home to celebrate with her huge family. See, it could happen that my husband will still be out working, so just incase she opened her heart to me. This was such a wonderful blessing to me, to feel so loved, to know her family was opening their home to welcome us is such a gift, such a friend to be thankful for. I am thankful for all of my sweet friends who hold a special place in my heart. I have met some amazing people this past year that have brought such blessings to my heart. I have been blessed with writing, not just for me, but for Jesus, spreading His word. I have learned so much, grown as a christian, and I am so thankful for my faith, for my Savior who gave me this day to celebrate. This day is special, but we should not just wait one day to think upon all we are thankful for, this should be something we give to the Lord daily in our prayer time. From the big to the smallest treasure we have, Jesus is at the center of it all, for He is the One who gives, He is the One who blesses us, His children. I pray each of you will have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, I pray you enjoy each moment no matter how big or small, and know that all that goodness comes straight from our Father. Psalm 136:1 "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." 1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." To my family and to my sweet friends I say thank you for all you have brought into my life, for all we have shared over this year, to You Jesus, there are not enough words to speak the thankful feelings you have placed in my heart~

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...