Monday, October 5, 2009

what we can learn from those who let their light shine

There was a young girl who always sang,"Shine Jesus shine", and if you knew this young woman you would see that Jesus shines through all she does. I have to ask myself,"Does He shine through all I do?" Oh how I wish I could answer that yes, but I cannot. I try to follow, I try to share, I try to let Him shine through me, but there are times when my flesh seems to take over. For me, I just need to get out of the way, and keep my eyes upon Him. Its when I take them off of Him that I seem to stumble, that I seem to act upon my own will instead of His. Its easy to do really, once we take our eyes off Him, the next day becomes a little easier until we have gone weeks without turning to Him. For me, I constantly have to check myself, to look in the mirror. The world may say I look great, but the world is not who I answer to at the end of my life, its Jesus Christ. We make mistakes daily, we can turn to God and ask forgiveness, and He gives it when we ask with a humble heart, but one the hard things is forgiving yourself of all those mistakes you know you can't take back, but with the grace and mercy of God He will help us through. He will show us what real forgiveness is, what real change is, and for that it begins with yourself, that big word, "Me". I want to serve the Lord, and allow Him to shine through me and move through me, giving Him all the glory. It can happen, it happens when we give all of ourselves to Him, leaving our old selves behind and letting Him make the new changes, and those new changes have His name written all over them. This young woman I spoke of earlier is full of laughter, full of love, full of compassion, and forgiveness. She has a beauty all her own, and she is herself, letting God shine through her in all she does. She is contagious, and she lights up a room when she enters, not because of who she is, but because of the love of Christ shining through her. Isn't it amazing just how much we can learn from the young people in our lives if we will open our eyes~ 2 Corinthians 4:6 " For God who said, 'Let your light shineout of darkness,' made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...