Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Daddies lap

What is it that you call Jesus? Do you call Him Savior, Redeemer, Father, My Shelter, My Comforter, My Healer? There are many names for Jesus, there is no greater name, no greater love that we will find. He has been My Provider, My Helper, He has been all things to me, and at different times in my life He is My Protector, My Guidence, My Counselor, and My Forgiver. There are those days I call Him Daddy. Where I just want to crawl up in His lap and feel His love. I want Him to wash the sin away from me, to protect me from my enemies, to provide a way, there are those days, those days in which I just want to sit there and feel His comfort wash over me. I go to Him knowing He is going to love me, He may correct me, He may be joyful that I was an open vessel, but as my Father, I know there is no greater love. As His daughter I know He watches over me and my family. There are those days where my prayers seem to repeat themselves, but I know He is listening. He has a big enough lap that we can all sit upon His knee at the same time, feeling His goodness and grace wash over us. On His lap is where I know I can be myself, I can tell Him anything, I can open my heart and cry out. When I don't know what to say or do, I know He does, and if I am still and quiet He will give me all the wisdom I need at that moment. He is our God and He comes in many different ways to us. Sitting upon His knee I know there is hope, I know where I can find mercy. As He wipes my tear stained face, I know that with each tear, He too feels my pain and suffering, He knows all to well what pain is, what having others turn away from you feels like, and to be lied about, to be left out in the dark, He knows all about hurt, but He also knows all about forgiveness and letting go. I feel so small next to Him, for me, He is bigger than life, He is greater that the air we breathe. He is more majestic than any view we have looked upon. Sitting upon His lap gives me the strength I need to face each day, to make it through the night at times. There is no greater place to be than upon His lap for me. When the tears are flowing, I call out to Him, I cry out Daddy and I can feel His hand upon me. I find it hard to realize what life would be without Him, even though I did not grow up knowing Him, and came to Him at a later age, it feels like all that is erased, and all that is important now is that I know Him by His name and He calls me His child. When was the last time you sat upon His lap? Are you missing Him, because I know He is missing you if you are not there. My son and I saw a dog today on our way to town, a dog that I know someone just left there. To see this dogs face, we felt sorrow, knowing he was just left alone, dumped off, not wanted by anyone. Do you ever feel that way? Do you ever feel lost and broken, shaken to the core? Whatever you are feeling today you can know that Jesus is there, waiting for you to crawl upon His lap, to tell Him all about your life, your past, your burdens, and to hear your prayers. He can give you the love you are missing, the comfort you so need, and the forgiveness that is waiting. He will cover you with His grace and mercy, bringing you a peace that you have never known. Don't wait any longer, crawl upon your Father's lap today, let Him fill your cup, and feed your soul. May you know the blessings He has waiting for you, if you will just come. Psalm 18:1-2 " I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...