Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Would you like to be someone else for a day?

I have thought about this today, and I have to say yes, I would love to be someone else for a day. Wouldn't it be nice to step into anothers shoes and just see what their life is like? Whether it be good or bad, it would make us appriciate others more,we would respect others more, and understand them. Understand the decisions they make, the love they share, what makes them happy,what burdens are they carrying. We often just live in our own box, and not think of others at times. We get so carried away with ourselves, it would help us to learn about others and not judge them. Often seeing things through our own eyes destorts the view, and we cant see the whole situation clearly. For one thing it would stop our pity parties if we were to walk in the shoes of a woman in Africa or the Congo. Walk in a father's shoes who just lost his son, step into the shoes of a family struggling against satan, a mother working three jobs trying to provide for her children, a father who has lost his job and is finding it hard to stay strong, or a preachers wife, struggling to find her place in friendships, a teacher who loves to teach,but her students don't want to learn,a doctor working long hours and makes a mistake and pays for it for the rest of her life, a person from another country who desperatly wants to come to America,land of the free, a soldier fighting in Iraq, a man whose wife has cheated and now wants a divorce, a young girl who has been abused, a hungry boy with no shoes. That just puts it all in perspective. I sat here today,thinking wow, what would it be like to do something more,be somewhere else. As my husband is still not working and his unemployment is running out,it is frightening. When my medical bills are climbing in stacks on the counter,I think how will we pay these,what is going to happen. I think why is my mother so sick and losing her sight and mind. I look around at all the hurting people, watch the news, and I will shed tears. Life is just hard sometimes and we think we have a bad situation,until we take our eyes off ourselves, and see things could be worse. I go back to all the verses I have underlined in my bible, and I am seeking God for answers, and I am waiting. I am waiting for His blessings. But His blessings may not be the blessings I am searching for,they may be better. Like a friend calling, a text saying I love you, my daughter saying get ready to start planning my wedding, a hug from a sweet friend, encouragement from another. God provides our needs, and I praise His name for that. His blessings are what we are to have. From having alot, and going to a little is hard,but it is a life changing lesson. My shoes fit me just fine, how about yours? Is there something life changing in your life right now? If it isn't happening right now, it will at some point. We need to learn more compassion, more love, more respect, and less judging, less saying,"I would do it this way." No one knows the others situation until they have spent a few hours, a few days or a few years in their shoes. Next time you slip your foot into your shoe, think about those around you walking in other shoes, and see if we can make a difference by praying and searching God's will, and ask Him to open our eyes to those around us, just maybe then we can start to grow...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...