Wednesday, July 1, 2009

6 lbs. 11 ounces of joy...

This day of July 28,1990 I had my baby girl Whitney. As I carried her each month, feeling her grow inside me, I felt more in love with her each day. All the little turns and kicks. Each one feeling her life inside me growing. From that first kick I knew she was going to dance to the beat of her own drum. My little blond haired, blue eyed baby came and I was so overjoyed. For it was just me and her in the delivery room. No medication, just me thinking this baby is really going to kill me. I remember asking the nurse,if anyone ever died here in this country hospital before giving birth. As she answered no, I stepped up and told her I was going to be the very first,so get ready. In the country things are very different, and my almost 14 hour delivery will always be remembered as the day we conquered the world. Just me and her together taking a step forward, that would forever change my life. As she came into this world, I could hardly hold her myself,for the nurses said she was the most beautiful baby they had ever seen, so they fought to hold her. As she grew, even as a baby she had a friend everywhere she went. I could go into the local grocery store and they would hold her while I did the shopping. We are always so proud of that first step, we want all to know our child took that first step today. Now that she will be nineteen this year, I now know that first step was her first step at becoming independent, and starting to walk on her own, away from home and stepping into her own life full of challanges, tests, trials, and love. She is my strong daughter on the outside, but on the inside, she is still my little girl.She is the girl who was born in the country, loves the outdoors, and is never afraid to get her hands dirty.She is always willing to help others, with her big, gigantic heart. She is my daughter who stands for what is right. She stands for those who cannot stand for themselves. She is a beauty all of her own. She loved to dress up, she did not even like one spot on her outfit. She wore squishy sqauchy pants as she called them. Even in the winter she would bend over and pull them up past her knees. I or her daddy would pull them down, and in the blink of an eye they were right back up again. She dressed in her own little style of clothing. Nothing really matched,but it brought out her personality. She filled our home with laughter and love. She is the girl that can walk into a room and you know she is there. She loves with all her heart, she laughs with her heart, and gives with all she has. She is bold, she is beautiful, and she is reaching for her dreams. She is one talented young lady, who can sing,dance, and come up with any accent you can dream of. If you called our house,and the machine came on,you would hear a girl from England, Mexico,maybe an Indian, a girl from the south, and one of the best, her Australian accent. There were many, even her black girl rap. People would call the house just to hear her voice, only to burst out in laughter. She is the daughter that kissed me each night, and told me she loved me.We stayed up late watching television, laughing and sharing. As those teenage years are difficult, we had many trials. I know the Lord is restoring those with His grace and mercy. Whitney is love. She is a daughter I am so blessed to have. She is forgiving, not holding a grudge, but she is one who will stand her ground. She is the girl you want in your class, the girl you want at the party to laugh with, and she is the friend you want to stand with. As she is growing into a beautiful woman, I see glimpes of myself in her. She has my heart, and her daddies strength. She is a dedicated worker as she is working with the elderly. She is striving for her dreams as a nurse. She is engaged and will soon marry. I am blessed beyond words to get to help her plan her wedding, to watch her each moment glow with joy. As her mom, I am proud of the things she is accomplishing. I pray for her daily, sometimes hour by hour. A mother's love is so strong,you want to love, to protect, and to cherish each moment. She is a gift from heaven. As I watched her take each new step in her life, I too will get to see her take that step into marriage, in her gown, with a smile on her face, and a heart full of love. I have prayed for her each day, and will continue to pray that she will be blessed by God, and that she will continue to grow in Him. To the Lord, I say,"Thank you." I have been so richly blessed by having a daughter such as her to bless our family and to bless this earth with her love. Lord keep your hand upon her, help her in each step,each desision, each trial that comes her way may you give her the strength to face them head on knowing you are there for her. My love will forever be with her, even when we are apart, she is always one thought away.Happy Birthday my sweet angel of love....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...