Saturday, July 4, 2009

What is your inheritance?

Many of us have family members who have left us an inheritance, some like me,do not. Some our proud of their inheritance, some are not so quick to share about their decendents. For me, I have a large family on both sides of my parents,but I never see any of them. On my dads side,I have no idea where any of them are. I have lost all contact with them. As I began studying my families history,I learned great things about them. My dad's family came from Germany,and my Mother's family came from Ireland. It all made sence with my love of Ireland and my temper.lol. I learned that those of my dad's side of the family were plantation owners. All that we find out about our families are not always things we want to know, much less understand. We can get lost in wanting and searching for family. Some have dedicated years to searching for the pasts of their family. For me, it was exciting to know just where they came from. We all yearn for that awesome,powerful family that did great and mighty things. That doesnt happen much. We are not all decendents of Benjamin Franklin, or kings or queens of far off lands. Sometimes we look at our decendents and we want to hide all that information. Well, we all have a past to be proud of. We are all decendents of Abraham, of David, of King Jesus. We can look to our pasts and know there were great and awesome people there who made a difference in the world. They gave their lives, they were marters, they were heros of Christ. We often look back and we feel as though we dont have an inheritance,but oh, we do. We have one in Jesus Christ. "In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works in all things according to the counsel of His will, that we who first trusted in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory." Ephesians 1:11-14 Praise Jesus!! Does that get you fired up, does that make you feel special? We do have an inheritance in Jesus. For those who believe in Him,He gives the greatest gift of all, salvation, and to live for all eternity with Him. That pretty much takes top praise for me. What inheritance could there possibly be that could be better? Nothing.. We have so much to look back on,so much to live for now,and so much to gain in the future.We are sealed with His love. That seal is special and one of a kind. We were purchased and we were bought with a price. Christ chose to pay with His blood. Christ chose to die for me and for you, nothing can compare to that love. We no longer belong to satan,Christ has set us free. We don't have to look for an inheritance to make us special any further. All we must do is look to Christ, the giver of life to those He loves. He is the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, our Redeemer and our Salvation. He is everything we need and in everything we have. No gold or silver,millions of dollars, or dimonds can take the place of our inheritance as Christ can. If we didn't have Christ that kind of inheritance would be useless, but with Christ, we can find all in Him. We are Royal Bluebloods of the King of Kings. What better day can we have than to find out and realize we have all we will ever need in Christ? I wouldn't want any other inheritance, those are earthly things that do not last, and no one is as special as Jesus Christ. What are you looking for today? Is it something to tell you who you are? You are a child of the King. That is the greatest gift of all. Believe, and know who He is, and He will give you the inheritance that He so wishes for you to have. Everlasting life with Him, and with those who love Him...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...