Saturday, July 4, 2009

My african violets...

I love african violets. I believe my love came from them from my grandmother. She always had them and I loved the feel and the beauty of the little flowers. My mother has recently bought me some. The first was a deep purple,the next was a magnificent pink. I usually can never keep plants alive past a few weeks. My husband says I have a gift of loving them to death,with water. He may be right on this one. I have one in my kitchen and one in the living room. They are special to me, they speak of my mom's love,and of God's beautful creation. When I look at them I say a prayer for my mom. They are reminders of her great love for me. When she gave them to me, I can't even explain how I felt, except to say overjoyed. What overjoys you? Is there a gift you cherish, a little something that brings you great joy or the memory of the past? These little flowers brings me back to my childhood, and its funny that I would remember flowers of my grandmothers. Many things took place at her house,but I remember the littlest thing. We place things in our lives for a purpose,many times it is a memory we hold as children,and the thought of that can take us back to a peace, an innocense that we so want to go back to. For me,these little flowers bring a peace. A peace that brings comfort. Just as a cup of tea, or coffee with a friend can bring joy,I gain that from these tiny creations of God. We all walk too fast in our lives today. Take a few moments to remember what blesses you, a memory from childhood, a kiss from the past. Place a little joyful reminder in your heart, in your living room, or outside while you sit and take in the afternoon sun. Take time to stand back and look at the blessings that have touched us, made us who we are. As my mom continues to give me little presents of violets, I will treasure each one,for each color will remind me of her love, a special moment in time that I saw a smile on her face, a smile of joy as she loved and gave. Each little tender petal, with its blast of color shows me just how special life is, and to take each moment and cherish time, for we know time goes by so quickly. As time passes we can still take a moment and enjoy life, enjoy the gifts God gives, and the love we share with those around us. What do you love? What do you want to hold dear and close? Allow yourself to go back in time and remember someone so very special to you, that made an impact on your life, take a memento to remember, and be thankful of those tiny blessings that are so sweet..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...