Monday, July 6, 2009

Are you thristy?

Whenever we go to a chinese restaurant we always get water. Soda or tea just doesn't seem to go well with our food. On those days when it is so hot outside, and I am sweating,I always go for water instead of another drink. If I do have tea,it doesn't satisfy as water does. I remember when I was a child playing outside,being hot and wanting water. It has never tasted so good as out of a hose in the yard. It is ice cold and quenced my thirst. But if we really think of that thirst,water as we know it,can only quence that thirst for so long. The real Living Water that comes from Christ and Christ alone satisfies when others just seem to just leave us thirsting for more. Listen to this verse."God,You are my God; Early will I seek You; My sould thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land. Where there is no water. So I have looked in Your sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory." Psalm 63:1-2 We don't have to look to this world to satisfy us. We can stop searching, and go straight to Christ Jesus for Him to give us all we need. He is the one who can quench what are bodies and minds are so yearning for. Its like being up late night, and having a craving. First you may try some icecream, then maybe some chicken, apple pie. You can have a little taste of everything,but you find yourself still not satisfied. You are desiring something that is just not filling you up. Christ can do all that for us. To have salvation, to have love for Christ,a real relationship with Him, is being in the presence of the Lord. We can meet Him anywhere. We don't have to make an appointment or get in line. We can stop what we are doing,and call out His name." And Jesus said to them, I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should reaise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:35-40 I found a statement in my commentary in my bible. There is a two-fold to this verse. Those who come to the Son will be received and not lost and that all who see and believe on Jesus Christ will have everlasting life with Him. Sometimes we see the picture God is painting before us, and other times we cannot see, and even though we cannot see, we must still believe in the unseen, knowing Christ is at work around us. We search in so many places to quench our thirst, and hunger. The places we are searching are of our flesh. When we eat, we are soon hungry later, just as when we have that big glass of tea, we will soon be thirsty for more. When we stop looking for the things of this world to satify our innermost desires and look to Christ, we will finally be able to see clearly. To know Him, is to be in His word. To know Him, is to walk with Him. To know Him is to live our lives for Him, not ourselves. When we stop looking at ourselves, we will see Him and when we stop looking for the things of this world to quench our thirsts, turning to Christ,He will show us a life we never dreamed of.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...