Monday, July 13, 2009

Is He in our conversations?

"She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness." Proverbs 31:26 "Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles." Proverbs 21:23 When we are having conversations what are we speaking of? Is it of the weather, the grandkids, the children, sports, our pets, our chores, family, friends, gossip, or about ourselves? We have many conversations in a day, about all sorts of things. We speak while we are at home,at work, at the gym, at church, at Walmart, we are always in conversations. Today I began to think upon my conversations, and just how much of my speech is about Christ. I have to admit, there are times when I can't even speak a sentence without praising Christ, or praising what I have learned about Him. But are all my conversations pleasing to His ears? Although they may be pleasing to mine,they most likely are not blessing Him. Today on and early show, I saw a process in where college age kids were sticking their hands into ice water, and seeing how long they could keep their hands in without pain,and taking them out. There was a catch to this. When they started feeling pain, they had to use curse words, and say as many as they needed to get through the pain. Throughout this experiment, they found that more people can keep their hand in the ice water longer just by saying curse words. They were saying that using the curse words it was helping to take the pain away. I sat there speechless. On national television, this was an actual test, an experiment on cursing, and relieving pain. I wish I could say I have never said a curse word. I know men who haven't, one is my father in law who is in his seventies. I have so much respect for him. When I do curse I know right then and there that I shouldn't have said what I did. I grew up with cursing, so it for me, or so I thought was just part of our speech. Now I know that is not the way to speak. I know that it does not bring glory and honor to God. I had someone tell me a few weeks ago,not to speak about God to them, that I could have Him in my life,but not to share with them. That really hurt, for I love this person dearly, and it was as though they were making me choose,them or God. My answer to that is God. Where I go, He goes, and where He goes I am following. I cannot be myself without God in my life. He has been there now for seventeen years, its like He has always been there, and I didn't have a past without Him,for I cannot imagine life without Him now. Our lives should show Christ, our speech should show Christ in our lives. Our conversations should be about Him, our lives with Him in the middle. When I hear someone say something great that happened to them, I automatically say,"Praise the Lord." If someone is in need, I will tell them I will be praying. Every facet of my life is about Christ. I am in no way saying I do not mess up, because I do, I know I do,for Christ is the one speaking to my heart. As christians we have to make a choice sometimes, and that choice is hard. Many times our friends and family do not want to hear about Christ. For me, if they don't they can cover their ears, because as my Savior, I want to share Him, I want to tell about the good things He is doing in my life. I want to share just how much He has changed my life. We should have Godly speech, and our conversations should be about our great and mighty God...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...