Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He chose us

Everyday we make choices. Some are good and some are therefore bad. But with each day comes the decision for us to choose many things. We choose what time we will wake,we choose what we will have for breakfast, we choose what we will wear, where we will go, what we will do, who we will talk to, down to when we go to bed at night,as to what time and if we will have a snack. We choose whether or not to open our mouths, whether we will gossip or not be part of such childish ways. We choose what books we read, the style of our hair,and how we can decorate our homes. We even have the ability to chose what church we will attend. We choose our husband or wife, what city or country we will live in. We are proud as Americans that we can make choices. We are either proud of our choices or we try to forget the bad ones we have made throughout our lives. We are even taught as children at some point to choose our clothes,choose our friends, and what school we should attend. Everything we do comes back to our choices we have made or will make. As a christian, we love the Lord. He did this amazing thing we find in John 15:16a He says," You did not choose Me,but I chose you" That is a wonderful statement, Christ chose me and you. We see His glory in this statement and His love. This is one choice we cannot take credit for. He sought out a relationship with us,not the other way around. He chose to love us,even when we dont deserve His love. Christ is the One who initiated a special relationship with us. He is the One who was knocking at our door, when we answered. This shows us that salvation has nothing to do with anything we can do or have ever done. Salvation is all Christ. It was He on that cross. It was He that bared the pain and scars,and why? For us, for His love for us. He gave all for His children. We can do nothing for Him to love us. He loves us because He created us. He doesnt love one above the other. He doesnt listen to ones prayers over another. It isnt our words, our actions or our deeds that make us close to Him, it is His love for us, and desiring a relationship with us. We benefit from a relationship with Him. When we listen and hear His call, we answer and that is how salvation begins. We must be ready to listen, to learn and to die to ourselves,and allow Him to live through us. "He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My father will honor."John 12:25-26 For us to follow Christ we must lay down our own lives,and stop serving ourselves. We must not live for the things of this world,but for Christ. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved." John 3:16-17 I feel so loved knowing that He picked me. He chose to love me. He reached out to me. He was always seeking me all throughout my life. I cannot take credit for answering Him. I cannot take credit for anything that He has done for me. All the good that has come into my life is because of Him. It is because He sought me out even when I was seeking myself. We try to take so much credit for things we do, good things that happen, and some even for the gifts they have. We would be nothing without the love of Christ. He is God, He is big, and He is Creator of all. I am so thankful He sought me, and paid my ransom. He paid my debt in full with His blood. For His love reached out to me, and I humbly took His hand. Christ knows all His children by name before we were ever thought of here on earth. He's calling, He's searching,all you have to do is answer, and He will change your life forever just as He has mine..

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...