Saturday, June 6, 2009

What is Grace?

Have you ever looked up the definition of grace? In my Websters there are ten. Ten definitions of grace,wow. I will share a few of them with you. 1.) unmerited pleasing, grateful; 2)a virtue coming from God; 3)a state of satisfaction enjoyed through divine grace; 3)approval,favor,mercy or a pardon. I could go on and on about the definitions of grace. Grace is such a beautiful word. I said if I ever got to have another child,and it was a girl,her name would be Emma Grace. Now, my daughter has taken that name for her first little girl that will come someday in her future. There is something about the word grace that is just peace,and love. It rolls off our lips so easily,but do we give it as freely? Grace was given to us by God,by His loving us and dying for us as a free gift. In Psalm 84:11 For the Lord is a sun and shield;The lord will give grace and glory;No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly."and then again in 2 corinthians 12:9 it says "And He said to me,My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities,that the power of Christ may rest upon me." When we are weak,we can look to the Lord for grace. He gives us grace freely,even though we so do not deserve His grace,He gives it anyway. In return we should be giving grace,just as we receive it. Why is it that we so want God's grace,but we are not so eager to give it? What comes to us so freely and lovingly,we too should be willing to give that same gift back to others. We can cry out to God for grace at anytime,and He gives it to us. So then when a friend or a stranger comes to us,why shouldn't we show them the same attitude and love as God does for us? Grace is not just a noun,its a verb. It is a word of action. So lets put that beautiful word in action and bring glory and honor to our God who is so deserving....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...