Saturday, June 6, 2009

Can you really take that back?

I cannot tell you just how many times I have opened my mouth only to wanting to take those words back. I think we can all relate to that one. We so often think we have the answers,the ideas,the wisdom,and we too often use our mouths to tell others just what we think.Why is that? I seem to find a way to shoot off at the mouth when I am angry or hurt.That is the worse time for us to ever open our mouths. Before we speak,why can't we think first,then if the Lord tells us,then open your mouth and let loving words come out.Words can either lift us up or they can bring us down. Too often then not,I think my words do more harm than good. I struggle with this so often. In todays world people have the idea that they can say whatever they want whenever they want.That is not what our freedom of speech was intended for. It was not there for us to just run our mouths at whoever we please and say hurtful words to others. Did you ever hear someone say,"I reall told her a thing or two? or maybe this dandy,"I really told her off" and lets not forget,"I just gave her a piece of my mind." Okay,now that you see the words in print,can you see those words coming out of your mouth too? I can,and I am ashamed to say so. Those words sound so rediculous,don't they? The only one being a fool,is the one shooting off their mouth back at someone. Listen to this verse,"Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight,O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer."Now that right there puts it all in our face,doesn't it? The bracelets everyone used to wear all the time,"What would Jesus do" helped us for when we looked down at the bracelet we could imagine those very words to all we did. Now,can you stand before God today and honestly say your words bring Him glory? I cannot. Although I try,I continue to fail in this area. I long for the day to see my Savior,but I do not wish for all my words to be brought back to me,as my mouth is closed for once,as the Lord shows me all I had to say during my stay here on this earth. If we really thought Jesus was in the room with us,would we run our mouths all the time? We may not be able to physically see Him,but He is here,and what we say to others, we are saying to Him. I need to pray,think and then speak.Today is the start of a brand new day,let us use our words carefully,let us choose our words carefully and use them to bring glory to God.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...