Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Shopping for the right look?

Today I went shopping with my son.We went summer shopping for clothes.We had a great time together picking out things,and making wish lists. Shopping for clothes is fun,shopping for purses,shoes,accessories,and all that glimmers.I even like to window shop,and peek in the windows at what the latest styles are. When we were in the store, I saw many people trying on different styles,and colors.We all seem to have our own tastes and those things that appeal to just us. We layer things now,add jewlery to our outfits that just make it right.But what really makes us look good? What covers us to make us look good? Jesus. If we clothe ourselves in the fruit of the spirit."Galations 5:22-23 But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace,longsuffering,kindness, goodness,faithfulness,gentleness, self-control.Against such there is no law."See it doesn't matter what our style is on the outside.We could have no hair,tattoos,blue hair,baggy clothes,or wear black,but as long as we are wearing what is important to God on the inside,it will flow outward to show all His glory.We all have our unique styles.My son likes punk christian.I wouldn't want to listen to it everyday,but he can worship Christ and wear his christian t-shirts and spread a message to those I may never reach. Its how we carry ourselves in Christ that matters,not what the package holds on the outside.I have seen many work and serve Christ with all their hearts,and I have seen those that wear gossip and do not show the love of Christ.If we allow the fruit of the spirit to live within us,others will look at us and see something different,and want to know what it is we have. It will give us opportunities to reach out and touch others who are in great need of the Lord. My son will reach people because of his uniqueness,just as I will reach others that my son may never come into contact with.We are all unique for a reason,God made us that way for His purpose and glory.Instead of seeing something we don't understand on the outside,look on the inside and see that Jesus looks good on them because they wear His love.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...