Friday, June 5, 2009

Move out of the way...

Sometimes when something is really bothering me I'm not sure what to do. I know to pray and ask God for wisdom and guidance,but I have to get myself out of the way first. I have to clear my head,and my heart of the anger and the pain caused. For me,its not always easy to know if God is speaking to me,or my anger is speaking straight to my heart. I want to do the right thing,but am so scared I will get in the way of what God is trying to do. We cannot change others,but we can change ourselves. We cannot always even change the circumstances around us,but God can. God can move through us to touch others if we will allow Him to. But the big thing here is letting our feelings not get in the way,nor our anger. We must forgive the offender even if they don't realize they have offended us,or not willing to accept that they have hurt us. Getting out of the way is not always easy. I let my heart lead me,which then only leads to more hurt. If I let my wisdom tell me what to do,my anger will take over and the situation escalates. We cannot allow our wisdom,our feelings or our pride stand in the way of what God is trying to do. If we are not willing vessels, He will just use someone else for His purpose to get done. As my Pastor so often says,"If it doesn't have to do with eternity,let it go." This is a wise statement,that allows most of our pettiness to be let go of. It doesn't really matter what my heart tells me to do,or my mouth. What matters is God's will,His way,and His purpose. People make mistakes,we often say things we shouldn't,and we offend others without even knowing it. So,really in the end,we just need to be forgiving,and loving as Jesus is,and not take things to heart,and let those hurts add up. Let go of them just as Jesus did,and move out of the way,and let God take the lead...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...