Friday, June 5, 2009

Anyone throwing a pity party lately?

Do you ever hear anyone say,"Hey guys,I'm having a pity party tonight at 7pm,ya wanna come over?" No,we don't and if we did would we want to attend that party? Gosh,we have enough of those ourselves. Why is it that we love having a pity party? Is there a club,because I could join,I might even head it up. We get in these moods at times and think our lives are so horrible,our husbands or wives are not what we thought they would be,our house isn't nearly what we expected,our kids are running every which way,and now we just don't feel good today.The suns not shinning,the clouds are not parting for ME,and no one cares how I feel! Well, boohoo, enough pity parties already!!! Can we for one day,take our eyes off of ourselves and focus on God,our Savior,the One who gave us life? We can watch the news just one day a week and fall apart at what we see. We can look down the street and see someone hurting. We can find suffering everywhere. We have forgotten what real passion and compassion are for others. We start our days thinking,"What do I want to do today,"instead of asking God,"Where do You want me to go today?" We so often put I and ME in all our sentences,we forget about God and the others in our lives. My life is not perfect,it will never be perfect,but I can find joy everyday in something and count each blessing I have,and thank the Lord for all I have. We don't send out R.S.V.P's to our pity parties because we want to have them all alone,we want to sit and wallow in our sadness and the things we think we don't have. Pity parties can be really ugly,and look how much precious time we take having pity parties? Thats alot of time we focus just on us,and the negitive things in our lives. Just maybe, maybeI am the problem,and not others around me. What happened to being possitive? What happened to seeing all the blessings around us,and helping OTHERS?Well,its time to look at the blessings you do have. Its time to be thankful for each and every gift the Lord gives us each day. I am tired of pity parties,and I don't want to have anymore. I want to wake up everyday and say,"Thank you Lord for my husband.Thank you Lord for my children.Thank you Lord for my friendships. Thank you Lord for my house,my bed,my food,all I have up to the air I breath each day." I want to be thankful for my trials also. For I know God has a plan and a purpose for all,and each trial has its purpose in my life.To bring honor and glory to God. I want to wake up each day and turn my eyes upon Jesus. If we choose to do that, our pity parties will come to a complete end,because we will begin to see all the beauty around us,and not us first....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...