Thursday, June 18, 2009

I just cleaned that....

I remember when my children were young. I homeschooled them,and life was busy with all activities,we were always on the go. I loved to clean when my kids were small. My husband would ask,"What has happened now?" I was a bit of a clean freak. Yes, I was one of those moms who thought she could and had to do it all. I could work on a room,and stand back,thinking wow,that looks great! Then moving on to another room,to clean with all my might,I would take a peek at what I had just accomplished,and see my children had made an entire mess of the room I had just worked so hard on. It didn't take anytime for them to mess it up. I walked around a nervous wreck,trying so hard to keep things clean,and then ended up yelling,because what I had just finished,was now a disaster. As time moved on, I learned to loosen up and not get mad,at the room being a mess,now as I look back,I wish it could be a mess again. When are children are young,we are learning moms along the way. We have this perception that all should be perfect and a walk in the park. Motherhood is hard,it is a job that takes 24/7. There are no days off,no vacation,and barely any sleep. Motherhood although hard,is the best job in the world. I would not trade it for anything. I have a feeling I am not the only mother out there who has made mistakes. Just when you think all looks really great,the room is destroyed again. I look at moms today and think wow,how did I do that? Where did that energy go? It all went with my kids,and half of my brain went with them! No one ever said being a mom was easy,it is hard. You need others around you to help out,you need loved ones near for support,and you need a loving God to hear all your whining. Is our lives not a picture of what God does for us? He gives us all we need,gives us love,makes all beautiful,and in a split second we can tear all He has done for us apart! He works at doing 24/7,with all the love He has to give,to give us all we need. And we still want more. We can mess up a situation just by opening our mouths,by saying the wrong thing,or adding our advice when its not really needed. We can make things a mess with our pride,with our anger,and with our selfishness. I can see God saying,"I just did that,and would you look at what she has done with it!" But the awesome thing about God,is that He gives us grace. He gives grace when we stumble,He gives grace when we seem to mess up the room. With jobs as mothers,and we know just how hard it can be,can you imagine God taking care of all His children? Some who continually struggle like me,some who turn away,and some who won't even call Him Father. As we make mistakes and milk gets spilled if we turn to God,He will loveingly clean up what we have messed up. I have learned just as I did as a mother,all around me is not perfect,all is not how I want it to be,and as a christian I have to learn the same.I have to learn grace,the same grace that God gives me...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...