Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where have you left your mark?

Its funny we all seem to leave something somewhere. We leave our fingerprints behind on all we touch.Throughout our lives we touch many,leave behind little parts of us all over. Little dustings of love. Although we may not know just how or when we touch others or what an impact it makes on their lives,they are out there,they know,and God knows. Everywhere we go we see new people,we meet friends, and if we are blessed we make new friendships and loving memories along the way. My children have all made a mark on my life.They have all given me something unique just about them,to place in my heart forever. They are all older now,our youngest is seventeen,the oldest is twenty-five. I can look all over our home and see the pictures of them,I can walk into a bedroom and still feel them there.I can look out my windows and see all the favorite places they loved to play. I have scrapbooks full of pictures,babybooks full of memories,and a home that has its mark on it. As our youngest was learning to write his name,he put his mark all over our home with a pen.He couldn't write Jacob yet,so if you come into my bedroom,and look at the back of my headboard,you can see where "Jo-Jo" is written all over.That is how he signed his name at two.It was Jo-Jo for a long time.There are times I still go into my room and place my hand just where he had written his name.The place where he left his mark. I know I am a sap,and have even left marks low on the walls where my children made them. For my husband to come in and think I hadn't cleaned,a rag in his hand and ready to erase the marks,I am there yelling "No,please don't wipe that one off,that is where Ashley did such and such." Those little marks we leave behind may mean something to us,something special to someone else,or a wonderful story for someone to come. I carry scars on my body from each surgery,and have a story to go with each one. With our lives,what kind of marks are we leaving behind? If we were to go home today,would there be a mark where Jesus was present in our lives? Would there be someone to stand and say how we touched their lives? Whether the marks we have in our lives are blessings or hurts,they all mean something.Most of the time,those hurtful ones have lessons to be learned to bring us to our knees and know Jesus more closely.As we touch all today,what are really leaving behind? I want to leave marks all over the world,showing my love for Christ,and His love for all. I want to leave little whispers of love everywhere I go. Jesus left marks for us to see. He has them on His precious hands and feet for us to see the love He has for us. He taught us how to leave marks,and He left for us the best kind,marks of love.....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...