Saturday, June 13, 2009

Has anything been stuck in your head lately?

Everyday we think upon things that come into our lives.Sometimes if you are like me,they just seem to pop in your head out of nowhere,and find a place to stay,even if they aren't wanted. Have you ever seen a movie you know in your heart you shouldn't have stayed to see? I have. Have you ever listened to a song that you know wasn't giving God glory and then the tune,the chorus just seems to linger in your mind? I have. Yes, this happens to me all the time. I love all types of music,but some is just not acceptable by God,and I know that when I am listening,but instead of changing the station,I will listen to hear what they say.Then even knowing I am at the wrong place,my mind seems to hang on to the very verse I shouldn't have running around in my mind. We see billboards,television,movies,radio,its all around us. Things we shouldn't be thinking upon and making our focus. How can we not see it if its all around us? We change our focus.We must keep focused on Christ and obey Him in all things.If we have to ask ourselves is this a sin or should I really be doing this,its most likely a sin. We know its a sin before we even ask the question. I have always taught my children,"Junk in,junk out." If we allow junk to enter into our minds,and find a place to stay there,its there for good. We need to remove those thoughts from our mind. How do we do that?Listen to this verse."Finally,brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble,whatever things are just, whatever things are pure,whatever things are lovely,whatever things are of good report,if there is any virtue and if there is anything praisworthy-meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received adn heard and saw in me,these do and the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8-9 Right here God gives us instruction,He is leading us to holy thinking. He is showing us what to put our minds on and what to focus on. He never once said it would be easy. He never said we wouldn't struggle or fight with temptation. We can overcome our thoughts. We can focus on Him and what is good. We must remove those things causing us to stumble and look away from Him. We must find ourselves living in His presence, not away from Him. When those thoughts enter into your mind that you know shouldn't be there,pray,ask God to remove them,tell satan to get behind Jesus,and get out of your way. I have many struggles in this world,but God shows me what they are, and if He is going to show me,He will also give me a way to remove them,just as in this verse. Next time your sitting there and these crazy thoughts enter your mind,wash it clean with Christ,and replace those thoughts of thoughts of our mighty God that will help us overcome....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...