Saturday, June 6, 2009

Faith....

Do you have great faith? I have faith,but is my faith what it should be? No,I struggle with my faith. Believing in the unseen, having faith to move mountains,the faith of a mustard seed. This is great faith. Great faith is knowing and trusting in God.Knowing He has a purpose and a plan for our lives is great faith. Knowing your child is ill,and believing God will heal him here on earth or in heaven is great faith. Its when your mother is loosing her sight,and you know God is going to take care of her no matter what comes her way. Great faith is believing that even though your daughters are no longer living at home,they still love you,and call you mom. Great faith is knowing that there is a purpose that you lost your job,and God has one for you,but when He sends it is His to say.Great faith is knowing that your son will be safe on the football field,and God will lead him and protect him on his way home. Great faith is giving your last penny,and knowing God will provide more. Great faith is knowing while you get your answered tests that yes, its cancer,He will be there every step of the way. Great faith is after you have lost your spouse,God will bless you beyond measure and heal your heart. Great faith is when your son,daughter,mother,father,sister or brother will be safe while fighting overseas.Believe and trust in the Lord with all your heart is not always easy for me. I struggle with believing God would use me for His glory. I struggle knowing all the mistakes I have made,God still loves me. It takes great faith to take that first step. That first step into that new job,that first step into that new family,that first step into that church,and that first step away from the comfort of home. I want to have great faith like Moses,like Aaron,like Mary Magdaline,like Paul and Silas. There are so many examples of people of great faith in the bible,and the blessings God gave while they too were hurting. I want to walk that road without turning back. I want to give all I have as Paul did. I want to be that example to others. It takes faith for us to do the right thing. A faith that requires no effort is not worthy having. We have to come to the understanding that we cannot do it alone. We have to admit we need Jesus to come to Him. Many times people do not come to Jesus and have great faith until Jesus is all they have. I want to have the faith of woman with the bleeding disorder. She wasnt healed because she touched Jesus, she was healed because of her great faith. Look at all the people mentioned in the bible who were healed. They were healed for their great faith. I want to have that great faith to serve,to love,to move each step knowing God knows best and He is able to care for each need. We cant buy great faith,its not for sale. It is given to us by God's love and grace,by His word,and His promises. Lord help me to see you today,help me to move those mountains in my way,and take each step unseen with you holding my hand.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...