Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sundays.....

What are your Sundays like? Are they relaxing or maybe rushed? Do you have alot of activities planned or our you waiting for the quiet of the day? Will you see family or will you go off and have a day to yourself? Sundays are really my favorite day of the week. I literally cannot wait for Sunday to get here. I wake early,with the sun shinning through our window,and Daisy on my head begging to go outside. I wake knowing I am going to God's house, filled with God's people. I love listening to the music. Steve and Betsy could sing all day long and my heart would be filled for the entire week. Bro. Ben preaches at times I think the Lord is talking right to me,and most of the time He is. So much to learn,so much more growing I have to do. Sixteen years ago I didn't know any christian songs or even hymns. I had never sang any before. I couldn't have told you where one verse is in the bible,I had never read one. Today,with the grace of God, I know most of the chistian songs,and love singing the hymns,the words have become a part of my life. I now sit and listen and take notes like never before. I have this inner urge to learn and grasp every ounce of God's love I can. Sometimes in our lives we can get rundown,things happen in our lives that shake us to the core,but God is still there,taking each step with us. We may want to turn away sometimes because we think He isn't there, or hearing our prayers,but He is always there,and He answers every pray.He doesn't answer the way we always think is best,for God knows exactly what we need and when we need it. To step inside church is like stepping in our home. Thats the place I want to be. And when I have a burden I pray at the altar. Nothing can compare to being on your knees,humbly opening up your heart to God in prayer. There is just something amazing about the altar. On those days when someone comes to know Jesus as their Savior,wow,the tears just seem to form. Knowing another has come to know Christ is like having a new baby sister or brother. The family just keeps getting bigger. Everyones's Sundays are not as calm as mine are now. Our Sudays were filled with getting five children ready,breakfast and running around with my head cut off. Now I sit in amazement and wonder how did we do that? Our kids loved getting ready for church. It was a part of our lives,and today with just our one son left as home with us,things are much quieter. We all come to the time in our lives when we are not pushed,racing for time,and we put things in perspective and we can see a little clearer. After church, many times we will go out to dinner and then have a relaxing day,resting. Then its back to church at 5:30 to hear more,to share more,to be together worshipping in our livingroom with God. Jesus is always at the forefront. He is the leader of our day,He is why we go to worship, why we go to learn.I strive so hard to be Christ like.Somedays I make it,and somedays I fail again and again,but I never quit,I keep moving toward Him,knowing with His strength anything is possible. We have to be careful that Sunday just doesn't turn out to be a day that we wake up,get ready with a rush,hear the screaming kids all the way to church and by the time you get there you and your husband have said words you regret already. (Yes, many of our Sundays were like that!!) We have to be careful we just don't become comfortable in our shoes and in the process of going.Its not to be rushed and have the attitude,well, we must go to church today.Its not a show, its not to say we went, its not to think we are better, if anything we are worse. So many times we can get all dressed up,put on all the right things,have our bible in our hand,sing a few songs, and when we walk out the doors, we forget all that we had just been given by God Himself. We walk on throughout our week as though Sunday never came.We cannot just live for Sunday,we must live for the entire week. We must act out what we are learning,and grow outward for others to see Jesus through us. We all struggle with being christians, but is there another struggle that is more worthwhile and meaningful? As I begin my Sunday this morning,I pray God reaches me,and touches my heart with words to change me and to make me look more like Him.I pray many come to know Him and some rededicate their lives to Him. Sundays are beautiful, especially when we make them last all week long...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...