Saturday, June 13, 2009

A day in the life with my struggles....

How many of us struggle with sickness or know someone who does? I believe sickness touches all of us in one way or another. Each day I wake I struggle with getting out of bed.I have fibromyalgia. The definition of fibromyalgia is; any of a group of rheumatic disorders affecting soft tissues and characterized by pain, tenderness, and stiffness of muscles and associated connective tissue structures. Many face this struggle with me. Many know the pain is causes.It effects your whole life each day in some way or another. Each day I wake I can barely move,and it takes quite awhile to move. Do many know this about me? No,I try to hide the fact that my pain seems to take over. I face each day,not asking why me,but what do you want me do with this and what am I too learn. I didn't start out with that grand attitude. It took me awhile to arrive there. I try to push through, I try not to give in to the pain,but sometimes it just seems to overtake me.I am not one to give up, I am one to keep pushing through,but as I struggle with this at times I can loose focus,I can grow very tired and weak. Sometimes you can be in a fog and not think clearly. So many fight the struggles in their lives daily just as I fight this one. In one way or another struggles just seem to come,and how do we face them? Just as David faced Goliath and won the battle with God's strength, we too can overcome.Psalm 27:14; " Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say,on the Lord!"I gain my strength from the Lord,and His courage brings comfort through my struggles. We can have hope in the Lord, knowing strength comes from Him. Again we can look at scripture,Psalm 27:1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The Lord is the strength of my life; Of Whom shall I be afraid?"When we are facing struggles at times,they can make us fearful,fearful of the pain and the unknown. On those days when I am weak and hurting,I don't have to fear this illness. I don't have to allow it to overtake me.I know I Have nothing to fear with the strength of God with me. If I call out to Him, He always answers,and He brings peace and comfort. I may be battling this illness,but our God of mercy has already won the war. I have not one thing to fear that will touch me today or any other day. We must not allow the illness we struggle with to become who we are,but we must overcome,and we can with God's strength. On those days that I seem to be full of pain, I can go to scripture and know God is my refuge. Psalm 46:1; "God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble."This verse goes on to say I will not fear knowing He is with me.On those days when I open my eyes and know the pain is there even before I move,I call out to Jesus,for He and He alone can give me strength to overcome.As each day comes, I cannot allow this to overtake me,but allow God's strength to overtake it,and live each day with a joy filled heart,knowing God has something in store for me. I can praise His name each day,knowing He there battling all around me,and what lingers within me. No matter what struggle you may be facing today,you can overcome with God's love and grace. No illness or struggle is bigger than our mighty God. I wouldn't want to be in hands of any other shelter,but God's deliverance and His shelter. His love is everlasting,and His strength is more powerful than any other known. When you find yourself deep within your struggle,find Him,call out to Him,and watch Him lift you up and deliver you from the depths of your pain....

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...