Sunday, May 17, 2009

My sheltering trees....

In church this morning Bro. Ben preached on our sheltering trees,our friends. He read this song to us,and it blessed my heart,so I had to share it with you. I had never heard this before,and the words just rang so true. I have been blessed by sheltering trees that protect me,love me,guide me,laugh with me, cry with me,pray with me, share with me, encourage me,teaching me, and helping me be accountable to Christ. My sheltering tree is quite large, and mine has beautiful blossoms all around. Each branch of friendship I share reaches out to bless in many different ways. You could say that Christ is the trunk,the roots of my sheltering tree,the branches and blossoms of fragrance are the friends He has placed in my life to bring and add so much Character,life,and love. I had been loved by my close friends who know me best of all,they can see when I am happy,and tell when I am sad. They know each look,and private joke,and know my deepest thoughts,they are who help me grow and keep me on this path. I usually do not name others,for they all know who they are,no one is first,last or in the middle,they are all right there in my heart. When the wind blows and I cannot stand,they comfort me, they help to water me with the word of God, and love me with His grace. I have been in the desert many times, but have never been alone,for they are always with me, giving me shelter,and sharing God's love. For today I am forever thankful for those who have been at my side,those who hold me up, pray for me,and walk this road side by side.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...