Sunday, May 17, 2009

Do You Have a Sheltering Tree?

The Sheltering Tree
Its been said a friend is like a mighty sheltering tree;
A place of refuge we can run
When trouble comes for you and me;
Someone we can count on throught the thick and thin
When the storms of life are blowing,
There's just nothing like a friend.
We all need sheltering trees;
Friends in our lives who'll get down on their knees
And lift us up before the King of Kings.
We all need sheltering trees.
There've been days that I was sure
That I couldn't make it through;
Clouds of doubt came rolling in
And I didn't know what I would do.
I would've given in and said "I just can't go on"
If it hadn't been for a friend
That helped me to be strong.
You can face the highest mountains
And the climb won't feel so high
Or cross the darkest valley and it won't seem so wide:
Nothing is impossible when a friend is by your side.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...