Thursday, May 7, 2009

How's your knees?

Philipians 4:6-7 says;"Do not be anxious about anything,but in everything,by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will huard your hearts and your minds in christ Jesus." Right here in scripture it tells us to pray,and not to worry about anything,Jesus has it all under control.He knows what He is doing.Not one thing goes by Him without Him knowing.If we pray,He will give us peace and understanding.I have gotten so used to praying everywhere,I cannot remember the last time I was on my knees,and I really hate to be so honest and have to say that. I just pray everywhere,and that is what we are to do,but just as going to the altar on Sunday when the Lord has touched my heart is special,going to the Lord on our knees is awesome. I sometimes fall asleep praying,sometimes I will pray for a long time when the Lord just keeps laying things on my heart,but if I was on my knees,I wouldnt be falling asleep.I have a bruise on my knee from softball,and If I am willing to get a bruise that way,I should also be willing to get on my knees for Christ. When is the last time I wore out a pair of pants in the knees?We dont always have to pray on our knees,we can go to Christ anywhere,but has God ever just whispered in your ear to do something for Him? For me,He is asking me to get on my knees and stay until He is finished,not me.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...