Saturday, May 23, 2009

Have you been sharpening anyone lately?

In Proverbs 27:17 it tells us "As iron sharpens iron,So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend." I have been loving my homepage in my facebook. It has been a blessing. The Lord has filled my friend list with Christians from all over the U.S. It is awesome to see what they are writing,the blessings and the struggles. I have been following many blogs of christian women teaching one another,and walking with Christ together. This is a new journey for us each day we wake.We never know what may come our way. To speak to others that have traveled those roads we are new to,is a blessing straight from God. I love how He puts those people in our lives to help mold us,teach us,and keep one another accountable. I have several friends that I am accountable to. It makes this journey even better. To have a friend ask me if I did my lesson,or if I am reading my bible is adding to who I am,and them also. As we read this verse from Proverbs we can see that we are to keep each other accountable. If I am walking down a road to disaster,I want my friends to speak out to me to wake me up. It may hurt,but that hurt is truthful and needed. We are to be honest with one another,we are to grow with each other. When christian ladies get together for Christ,nothing can stand in their way. A friend will be honest with you.We shouldn't just give advice,but give scriptural advice to lead them. We can be there for each other when temptation comes our way.All we have to do is pick up the phone and share our struggles with a friend and ask for prayer. We can lead with love,as we follow Christ. True love for someone is telling them the truth in all circumstances. We cannot just sit back,when we know someone is falling and not try to catch them. As christian women we should be examples to others,we should be sharing God's word with each other everytime we are together. Friends who love will sharpen each other and love one another for it.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...