Sunday, May 17, 2009

Do you like being corrected?

Proverbs 3:11-12 says this; "My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor detest His correction' For whom the Lord loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights." Remember when you were little and you got introuble for doing wrong? Did we really ever like being corrected? I didn't. I think I only got three spankings from my dad when I was young,it seems my momma wanted to spend more time with that project. Whenever I got in trouble I did learn not to do it again. My parents loved me enough to teach me right from wrong,to keep me from playing in the street,to touching the hot stove. As I got older, I didn't listen so easily,at times I was even disrespectful. I thought I had all the answers, and boy was I wrong. As I chose to go my way and make my own decisions I quickly realized I should have listened long ago. We seem to always want to find our own way no matter what the cost to others,but it does bring a cost, and at times a painful one. God doesn't want us to go through those things,He wants us to listen to His word,learn and grow from it. But when we do falter, and boy do I still, He wants us to come to Him, as a Father, and listen to His love. He wants to correct us and show us the way,He has prepared a path for us, thats how much He loves us.He knows what is going to come our way,what temptations are there,and that satan is right there trying to lead us astray.Why is it so hard for us to listen? We often want our way,but as we grow in Christ we learn that our way is not the best way,but the best is what He has planned for our lives. For some it takes years to understand that correction is of love. The Lord corrects us because He loves us so much. I am now glad of His correction, and understand the love that was in my parents correction. I remember my daddy spanking me, and telling me, this was hurting him more than me. At the time,I didn't understand that phrase,and thought, are you kidding me. But as I stand before Christ today as a woman,as a mother, I do understand what my daddy was saying to me. It does hurt to correct, you never want to see your children do wrong and when they do,out of love we correct them and teach them the right way to go. Although God's words sting at times,and others He gently whispers in my ear,I know His correction is for all the love He has for me.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...