Sunday, May 17, 2009

What is your first thought of the day?

Okay,as you wake in the morning and the sun is streaming throught the window,what is your first thought of the day? As we wake the first thought of the day should be of Christ,and thanking Him for the nights rest,and the morning we get to give Him praise. I have to say this is not always true with me. Although many days, He is my first and last thought of the day,and to be honest,those are the days that I have the most joy in. But I fail to do this daily, I fail to call out to Him when my eyes open. Many times my first thought is ugh,where do I begin first? Is it the laundry,the living room, school, calling my mother,the list goes on and on. But in those hurried days when I allow all of that to get in my way with Christ,I end up taking it out on someone. I end up more tired, more crabby,and rushed with still not enough time to do all I need to do. If I could just get it into my little head,that waking up and talking to Christ first thing in the morning would bless my whole day.When we put our thoughts upon Him,focus on Him, talk to Him throughout the day,we are continually thinking on what is pure,honest and holy. For me, at times I put everything else first,and then with my time left over,I give it to Him.That it totally backwards,and not giving God what belongs to Him in the first place. My time should first be spent with Him,and I should make the time.We put "Me" infront of all we do,when Christ should be at the forfront of all we do. I want to praise Him all through the day,starting in the morning and ending with falling asleep. Philippians 4:8-9 says this: "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble,whatever things are just, whatever things are pure,whatever things are lovely,whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy-meditate on these things. The things which you learned and recieved and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you." Only Christ can renew our minds and keep our minds from evil,so waking,throughout the day and as I lay down at night,I should be thinking and praising the Lord. It is through this that we can grow closer to Him and our walk will only be strengthened by starting out our day with the King of Kings.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...