Sunday, May 31, 2009

A celebration

My son was born May 31,1992 at 12:31 in the morning,seventeen years ago today.Wow,what a blessing his birth was. His name is Jacob,and he is the most wonderful boy I know. He is my son that gives me a kiss and a hug,and has never been ashamed to show his love for his parents out in public. He has a great heart,he is a giver,and the most unselfish child I know.Yes, I am proud of my son.Today we celebrated his birthday with his close friends at the bowling lanes.We had a wonderful time laughing and just being silly with one another. I even ended up throwing my ball backwards into everyone! That just seems to happen with me.But to hear my son laugh is a great joy to me. We enjoyed cake,and shared with one another. It was an afternoon out that was filled with love and laughter. Our childrens birthdays are very special.We love to throw big parties and have all the fun we can have together. We can remember each date our children were born,the time,their weight,height,and all the stories of their birth.We find ourselves looking over old pictures,and feeling the blessings of being a parent of our wonderful children.Do we ever sit and think about Christs birth and how thankful we are? Is that only come to mind at Christmas,the day we celebrate it? Do we remember that Christ was born,only to die for our sins? I think we should be praising Him daily and thanking God for His birth,not just one day a year.For without Him and His blessings,I wouldn't have blessings with my children. It always comes back to Jesus and His birth and gift to us,His life for our lives. I had such a great time with my son today,but as we celebrated today,we should also celebrate the gift of life daily,and remember the one who gave it and why.Today was a day I think my son will remember for years to come,but He will remember the gift that the Son has given to him forever.Lord I thank you for my son,his birth,and each day I share with him. I praise you for allowing me to be his mother and to love a very special young man.I thank you Lord for your gift to us,your birth,your death upon the cross,and your coming again.I praise you for all that we have and for the love instilled in our hearts from you.Thank you for this day and all the blessings you sent our way...

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...