Thursday, May 7, 2009

Can our trials be counted as joy?

Can our trials be counted as joy? Well,the bible tells us this is true,not only true but possible. In James 1:2-4 states this; "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." If you are like me,you don't look forward to trials,especially when they seem to last a long time. Even the short ones are really not fun. But, were they meant to be fun? No,they are here so we can turn to Christ for strength,and grow while we learn from them. In todays world,everyone wants the easy button, the easy way, the fastest way. As my father-in-law would say,"The easiest way is not always the best way." And my husband would add,"The fastest way there is not always the safest." Both are wise words to live by,and in todays world not many want to chose them. I have found in my life, it is through my trials,and the really hard ones,that I have grown the most. I have turned to Christ in those moments late at night,with the tears streaming down my face,and me saying,"I just don't want to be here anymore." It is in those times that Christ makes Himself so clear to me,and at times I just feel the softness of His hand upon me,and I can hear Him say,"It okay, everything is going to work out." Dont we always want to hear those words? We want someone to hold us,just as when we were children,and tell us all is alright. To hear my daddy say to me,"I'm gonna take care of everything sweetie,its okay"are words that I just knew my daddy was there,and he really was taking care of those monsters under my bed and in the closet. Our heavenly Father is the same.No monster is too big,no problem outways God. He is bigger than any trial we will ever face,and He knows when they are coming and when they are leaving. He will be there for us every step of the way,all we have to do is call out for Him,just as we did when we were children, and He will answer. Dont let your trials be bigger than God, cause He is the One true God,and nothing can touch Him. He is our monster stomper in the middle of the night, He is our Protecter,our Guide,and our Strengh,call upon Him when those trials come and just watch how He works. Dont lose faith and hope,allow them to strengthen under those trials,for in that moment we really find out just how big He is.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...