Sunday, February 1, 2009

How many spend their lives searching?

John 14:6 says:"I am the way the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jesus clearly tells us here that He is the only way to Heaven, but how many of us spent so much time, searching in so many places for something so give us what He can only give? I know I did. It wasn't until I was much older did I realize all the places I searched for happiness, joy, and love. Some continue to search, in very dark places. Some believe just by being a good person will take him to Heaven. Some as we look around are so very unhappy, they keep searching, but in all the wrong places. We can't even find true happiness and joy in people and our loved ones, our friends. Shopping, gambling, relationships with the other sex, drinking, and going to parties. It all may bring happiness,but just for a moment. Its not lasting joy, the love that only comes from Jesus. We all have a special place in our heart, I call it our Jesus spot. Its where He wants to abide, but unless we stop searching in other places and turn to Him, He cannot enter and live there within us. Today is the day for you to stop hurting, to stop searching in all the wrong places for your joy. Let Christ show you the way, the only way to Heaven......

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...