Saturday, January 31, 2009

My migraine story......

I suffer from severe migraines, that sometimes last for two weeks. I have every kind of migraine there is. They go from the ones that last a few painful hours,to the ones that get you down and you just call your friends and ask them to pray, since you know something bad is wrong.. I'm even blessed with the cluster migraines, those are fun, just when you think they are gone, they sneak back up on you. I've even had the ones where you think your having a stroke. Oh, yes. There are the panic attacks that go with them. Since your terrified another one is going to come. No one seems to understand unless they too have suffered. Many think oh, its just a headache, take some asprin honey. No, over the counter medicians do not work for those who suffer with severe migraines. They change your life, the way you feel, and you hope for a cure one day. I know many friends who suffer also. Everything to anything can bring them on. For me, one main thing is the weather. Any change at all and boom, merry migraine to you.... I'm kinda making light of it, but it is serious, and to my story there is a blessing. Once, my husband had to take me to the E.R. for a very bad one. As they gave me many drugs, and sent me for a ct scan, I was put in the hallway with a few others. I was kind out of it, but still there enough to know. One little elderly woman was just singing loudly away. I thought, this is my time, its okay, I was praying either take me now, or take the little woman and let her sing all the way...( I know, many of you are thinking how mean, but you migrainers, know exactly what I mean.) Next to me was an elderly man who had bleeding on his brain. I know he was very serious. He had a daughter with him, she was from the south, she spoke so softly and beautifully. She reminded me of a friend from church. She had beautiful blond, long hair. she came over to me, touched my forhead, and told me how beautiful I was, and that I was in Gods hands, and He was going to take care of me. She stood there that moment with me, away from her father, and prayed over me. That touched me so much, to know,that she took her time to look away, and look to me for a moment. I never saw her again. Was she an angel? She could have been. That day, she was an angel to me. Those of us who suffer, know what pain is. I know God is always with me in my moments of pain. I'm thankful for that day, that he sent that beautiful woman to me, I felt Him through her touch, and saw Him over me.......

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...